IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that it will be a zoo down in the B10 area this weekend, but the fishing is hot and I have a crew that can go out on Monday.

We are trying to plan out the day. Anyone have a feel for how long the wait might be to launch/retrieve Monday morning/afternoon (Hammond, Ilwaco or Deep River)?

Thanks,

Fishical Therapy

·
Registered
790 Posts
two years ago on LAbor Day weekend it took up to 45 minutes to an hour. The fishing was exceptional that year as well, so I think it should be comparable to that....that's at Hammond. You can call Free Willy's bait and ask them how long you should allow....503-861-1201.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Last Saturday I got to Hammond at 4:45am and was launched by 4:55. By 5am there was a quarter mile long line getting longer by the second. By 5:45 I heard fights breaking out. Get there early and you won't have a problem. Grant

·
Registered
79 Posts
well, you can moore at warrenton for $12-$14 a night. or $250 a month. was $170 last year..... but, mucho less stress.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Since the flood tide is very late in the morning, why not sleep in and fish the afternoon? Should be fewer boats at the ramps.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Sleep in and get out there after the madness... the fish dont care they bite all darn day!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Just don't be to late in the day or you will hit the crowds that are coming in and want to take out and they are the slower and moody people. Us a hoist if possible, short lines almost immediate launch and take outs and only a few dollars more.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
472 Posts
With these tides sleep in. Was out 3 times in the last 2 weeks & we got all our fish after 10:00 AM & most of them after noon each time!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Last Saturday I sat in the line at 5am for forty five minutes.Had to make a poddy run at 7:30 and there was one truck at the ramp.The ones trying to beet the rush are the ones making the rush.
sleep in. :sleep:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts