IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out about 10am on Friday. Hit the Church hole first, no fish. Ran up to B-10 for the incoming around 11am. Missed a couple right off the bat. Than we had a double 2 Chinook one 22lbs and one 34lbs than one other Coho. Moved to the church hole until 5pm than called it.
Saturday started about 10am than moved to b-10 for the incoming picked up 4 Coho than the bite died. Moved down to b-14 trolled from 14 to 22 on the incoming stayed on the Washington side of the sands in 28ft water hooked up 2 Chinook lost one at the boat around 32lbs, than bonked his sister. Than we moved to the sawdust pile and got one more Chinook 24lbs.
Sunday went out at 6am fished the Oregon side of the bridge missed 2 by the bridge got one Coho. Boated a 32 lb Chinook by b-22, lost one next pass. Missed one more out from Hammond called it a day at 1pm.
Total for the weekend 5 Chinook, 7 Coho for 4 poles
For the Chinook red delta diver/red fish flash, whole herring. Coho Didn't matter......

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Thanks for the report. Was out there on Sat and saw a very short and sporadic bite at B10. Nothing great anyway. Caught our fish outside. Heard the ocean is going to close on Thursday so inside reports are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Tundra,

Where did you hear about the ocean closing thursday? There's nothing on the ODFW site. I know the ocean south of cape falcon is closing tomorrow, but the Ocean off the Columbia is supposed to stay open until Sept 30th or the quotas of 112,500 coho and 12,700 chinook are reached. I thought the quota's were doing fine. That's why they opened it up to fishing 7 days a week out there.

[ 08-18-2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Ramstrong ]

·
Registered
92 Posts
We went out saturday morning and hooked into a few fish right at B10. Only kept one 14lb nook. Never heard anything about a closure outside.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Congrats on the fish :cheers: :dance: , thanks for the report

·
Registered
138 Posts
I hear it is closing on Tuesday night. There is a link at ODFW, but the link is bad.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
South of Cape Falcon to Humbug Mtn is closed to retention of Coho Tuesday, chinook will still be open. The CR is North of Cape Falcon

·
Registered
216 Posts
Went out Saturday fished from the church to around sand island. We put two coho in the boat but they had one to many fins. Lost I think three more at the boat one was a nice chinook reel problems on this one. Then finally a nice 15 lb nook came to the boat. It was to bad on the coho the two guys that were with me, one this was his first salmon ever and the other it had been 20 years since he caught a salmon. They just had to watch me put them back in the water. :shrug: oh well next time.

SL

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ramstrong...I got that info about the closure from a friend in passing conversation. Apparently I misunderstood what was being said. Thank God! Thanks for the info. I was going to look into it this week but hadnt gotten around to it yet. Plan on being out there this weekend and most of next week if possible, I'll be on vacation. :grin:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey good fishing,

Man you really know how to make a guy jealous. Looking forward to getting the details. Oh yeah did you catch any of those fish?

Steelheadgreen out :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Got a late start out of Hammond yesterday. Fished the sawdust pile and the Church hole through the second half of the ebb. Only saw 2 fish netted, but I was told there was a good bite in the early am.....and 9:30 is NOT the early am.

Ran to buoy 10 for the flood tide. Saw a pretty good bite at the change,mostly tules, I think. It suddenly went dead, so we headed out for R-2. We had fish-on immediatley. Took us less than an hour and a half to limit on hatchery coho, releasing several wild fish. Big fat coho...beautiful fish. One went 16.9 on the digital scale.

That was my first trip offshore in my own boat. An exciting successful adventure!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts