IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in the area this afternoon and saw a whole lot of boats fishing, did any of you do any good out there today? You might have seen me out there cruising around the skies in a 65', orange and white jayhawk,(it says coast guard on the side :cool: ) we tried our luck fishing by dunking and dragging around a whole rescue swimmer for a while but didn't have any takers, mabye we should have tried cut-plug?
Tried picking out some i-fishers but those stickers are hard to spot from up there. Well hope some of you got to see the show anyway. :cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
We caught part of your show today while out at b-10. If you add a little more weight to your bait and get it a little deeper it might work better.

Be safe out there and thanks for being there and doing what you and your comrads do everyday.

[ 08-20-2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: seamoans ]

·
Registered
313 Posts
Last saturday we were heading in between #2 and#4 about 9:45 am when one of your choppers passed over heading out Was that practice or rescue I know there was someone coming in behind us on battery only We thought that maybe why
We'll be there this Sat. and Sun. Trolling herring can't legally use the bait you use.

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Verysweepy, don't suppose there's any chance to go fishing with you when you locate some more bait? The catching may not be good but the ride would make up for any lack of fish. :dance: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Gregg

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hey! Yesterday we had about a #40 URB on just inside of r-12. You guys hovered over us while we were playing the fish and drifting toward the jetty! Gotta love the Coast Guard!!!!

[ 08-21-2003, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: HOGTIDE ]

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking for people with fish on but again from up there it's kind of hard to tell. Yeah I would definatly have to say the ride is one of the better percs of the job, if you ever have the chance to get up in a helicopter to see the oregon coast jump on it. It also comes in handy when scoping out new fishing spots

·
Registered
400 Posts
Fished the area today. Fishon everywhere.
We boated 5 coho and 1 chinook.
The wind ran us off the river at 11am..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts