IFish.net banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Lake Powell is the most awesome place to fish....especially out of Bullfrog. Amazing....amazing. Still think of the place when I went there with the state team. Thanks for the memories

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
In the summer after the shad spawn the stripers will be slurping in the main channel feeding on small schools of shad on the surface. In early August it starts to erupt into biger boils as the shad get bigger and the stripers school up to more effectively feed.

Topwater = Super spooks (speckled sea trout) or any other shade immitation.

1/4th oz jighead with anchovies pieces on them in the middle of canyons on lake powell. Chum with the anchovies when you mark schools of stripers.

Deep diving shad immiation crankbaits/plugs.

Before you go, let me know and I will set you up with the pattern to look for.

http://www.wayneswords.com for more info.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, I am here and anxious to go slam some bass.

My boat isn't here yet, so I am shore bound. Where is the best shore access on Hagg?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I need some bass friends... Come on. :) My boat gets here next week. Can't wait to run the Skeeter up the Columbia!

Being shore bound is driving me nuts! Sucks knowing what to look for and not having a way to access the current. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I need some bass friends... Come on. :) My boat gets here next week. Can't wait to run the Skeeter up the Columbia!

Being shore bound is driving me nuts! Sucks knowing what to look for and not having a way to access the current. ;)
You seem to be doing amazing from the shore if you ask me. Soon you will have a boat. Half the fun of angling is discovering new areas. I wish I was lucky enough to have a rig. Look forward to seeing what you catch off your boat once you get it!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
CBR - if your schedule ever meshes with mine I'd be happy to fish with you. Your boat or mine (if mine actually floats - it still has a few things to finish, plus trailer work, before it gets splashed for the first time.)

Most of my bassing is done on Hagg, though I occasionally fish the Willamette (from the bank) and Tualatin rivers.

My normal days off are Wednesday/Thursday.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts