IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with Avet Reels, specifically the SX models? Made in USA, CNC machined solid body, lever drag, what else could you need?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yes.
I have had experience with AVET reels. They are the cat's meow!
I'm not sure what model mine is, but it has the lever drag and it's a two-speed. I shopped around for awhile before I made a $300.00 investment. Ilooked at Shimano, Diawa, Penn, Okuma and Pro Gear. None of them had all the things I was looking for in my price range. Avet reels are all metal no plastic, they come in different colors and they are made in the U.S. !
I plan on buying more (smaller ones for salmon trolling) when money allows. I bought mine through charkbait.com. Great prices!
Avet reels are fantastic! I loaned mine to Pilar of The Salty Dogs for the Sword-Boat aventure out of Newport this summer, he loved it. 2-speeds ROCK!
Good luck,
Ragnar

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Ragnar! Didn't know if I would get any response, as these reels are somewhat of a newcomer as I understand, and seem to be designed and focused on the big game bunch. However the SX Models would seem to be made for Sturgen/Salmon. Not a problem for me, but the absence of a level wind might be awkward for some. With a price much less than a Curado-----------I'll try one, anodized blue please!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts