IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where the hello is CAPE Falcon? I was just getting use to the bar and how fast I can hop from one swell to the next without crushing the boat to pieces and knocking my fillings out.

I looked on a map and did not see it. I looked on my Marine guide book from the Marine Board and it shows all the ports and bars but not Cape FALCON.

I really did want to fish over the bar some more because it has been so much fun this year. Lots of fish, spotted sharks, pods of seals and some huge sea lions. Not to mention all the fish catching action.

Since I am asking dumb questions,
what product can i put on to protect my North River from the salt? I already have the zinc.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

[ 08-19-2003, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: snapshot ]

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Cape Falcon is closed to coho fishing from there north to Tillamook Head as of August 1rst.

Tillamook Head is just south of Seaside and is too far to chase coho's (probably 30+ miles north of Garibaldi).

That whole area from Tillamook Head south is closed to protect wild coho or the OCN's.

It is legal to catch them north of Tillamook Head and land them in Garibaldi but you would look awful suspicious.

Fish out of the Columbia River area if you want to catch coho salmon after today.

Dan

·
Registered
790 Posts
Specifically, Cape Falcon is the point on the north side of the Oswald West cove, where all the surfers hang out. No matter, either fish for Chinooks off Tillamook/Nehalem, or for silvers head to the Columbia. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fishingfever and all,thanks for the location and info on the sharkhide. I will get it on the boat. I really appreciate the help as I could not find Cape Falcon and thought it was near Pacific City. Now all I have to remember is the Nehalem River. I wanted to make sure I could still fish across the CR bar for cohon and nooks.

Dan, Are you up to going out of the Columbia on Saturday? I may be going now that I know it is open. All I have to do is get the kitchen pass.

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Hey Ray, try deodorant. :tongue:

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Sorry Snapshot. I got you confused with someone on a salty dogs thread. They were wanting to fish coho out of Garibaldi and travel north of Falcon. Pretty unpractical. Tillamook head will be the southern border of the fishery starting tomorrow if I understand it right.

I'm still confused but if you are planning on fishing out of the CR bar you can only go as far south as Tillamook Head (or the south end of Seaside where Tillamook Head is located).

Don't know where I will be Saturday but my daughter is going to be in Longview tomorrow and I hope to be there.

Dan

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
So Ray do you actually catch fish in the ocean?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bernie, you may not believe this but all I have to do is show up out there and they seem to just jump into the boat. Guess they know they have met their match and don't fight it. :hoboy:

You can follow me Saturday if you want to verify. I just don't go out as far as you. I like to be able to get back in if the wind starts kicking up. I am hoping to go down Friday for an afternoon tide and then fish Saturday and early Sunday. I may have an open seat if you want to tag along.

[ 08-20-2003, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: snapshot ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts