IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the upper end of Gov. Island this morning. About 7 boats, 2 fish...not by me <chagrin>

Fellas catching were all the way inside. Anchored about 30 feet of water though the lines were probably going into shallower water, maybe 25 feet.

The fish hit about 8AM which was about 1-2 hours after high tide.

Alvins (well wobblers of some kind) were what they were getting them on.

Freespool saw one caught in about the same spot on Saturday evening.

So a few fish going past and biting.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Justcastn,

Glad I wasn't as close to them as you were or I'd have been cutting my throat <grin>. Looked like they were using plain Alvins, no color, maybe a blue (blues were hitting there for Springers) but couldn't tell from outside.

I figured deeper water but it's probably as deep on that side. How deep were you?

Freespool was anchored about where we were last night and I think the same guy was down below him and got one...must be some secret sauce.

Now he was smoking cigarettes and it seems like guys who smoke do well...can't figure that out.

I loved that little Alaska registered runabout. Cute little boat but I thought for sure he was going to cut all our anchor lines with his prop. Reminded never to get a closed bow boat. Are they the guys who got the fish?

Brion

[ 08-10-2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: BrionLutz ]

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You were right it was plain alvins.The guys with the anchoring problemsht they couldn't keep it,ya that was a little scary whatching those guys.And go figure they were the one's to get the native that they threw back because they thought theycouldn't keep it.And to top it off you should of seen him grab the fish by gills and throw him back in the water :mad: .Its people like that,that make me wonder why there even aloud on the river.Oh ya and they were useing a blue tip alvin..

What can I say I think the nicotine works for scent sometimes :grin:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I had a feeling that was you.I was in the red flatbottom on the inside.I was there first this morning but I decided to anchor a little to the outside."bad idea". After you left the guys all the way on the inside got another one.. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Justcastn,

Well...if you go fishing anyway (I would...what the heck...worst thing that happens is you catch a fish)..was out again last night with Freespool about the same spot.

I put on an anchoring clinic...as in how make a huge tangle out of your anchor rope.

Nothing for any boats there but Freespool said folks up about 300 yards, on the inside again, picked up a couple.

Brion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts