IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you into the carp?? I shot three up on the john day earlier with arrow today, do you eat them? A guy at work say they are great eats, fillet them and soak overnite in buttermilk and rinse off then eat like any other...said they are great deep fried...I wonder?....what do you say, I figure with your name you might know also

Also, do you know if they make good crab bait?

[ 05-30-2003, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: dampainter ]

G

·
"Edible" if you clean the "mud vein" out properly, but common' Mark you ain't that hungry are ya? :tongue: If so, will buy you a cheeseburger or something. :wink:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...it was pretty nasty there for shooting carp today, water was like mud, wind came up too but I know now that on a good day, nice and calm and hot I`m gonna nail the masses! I might have to try to eat one...hopefully they make good crabait? kinda fun to shoot arrows at them. deal on the burger rick, thanks :cheers:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I heard that if you eat a carp you will grow a third eye on your forehead.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
dampainter, I am sorry that I am of no help, but I just have the name for a joke. I honestly have never heard of people eating them, but I'm sure they could be good if prepared correctly. I would imagine they would be good crab bait as well.

So you went and got them with arrows?? That sounds like a lot of fun. Is the carp fishing good in the John Day?

Sorry about knowing about if they are good or not. Mr. Carp is a moron about carp :grin:

Carp

·
Registered
319 Posts
In many asian countries carp are considered a delecacy. Over here though, it's a different story in that they are reffered to as a garbage fish. I've only heard of one person trying to eat a carp before, and they said it tasted like crap (I reckon that's how the carp got its name, crap=carp, jk, lol). Anyways, if you're a good enough cook you could probably make a peice of cow **** taste alright, but me personally, I still wouldn't try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts