IFish Fishing Forum banner
141 - 154 of 154 Posts

· Registered
666 Posts
I love these little gems, and have played around with different 'additives' to the cream cheese mixture, ranging from some of the seeds, to cayenne...but this last batch I did I mixed in some hot sauce that was given to me.

I mixed in about 7-8 drops in half the batch, this made these 'gems' nuclear, could not eat them. Melt the piping from intake to exhaust, and generally made life unbearable for about 24 hours!

Next batch, will be made with the normal stuff, so that hopefully I can enjoy them (and regain the trust of the family)!

· Registered
2,171 Posts
Even if I don't add any seeds to the original ABT recipe, using jalapenos, it's still too hot for some folks. (not me!:food:) One of the variations I've made that has been a heck of a hit is taking the cream cheese mixture, adding some jalapeno seeds/veins from the food processor to it, and putting the mixture in those mini sweet peppers. The jalapeno seeds give those sweet peppers a nice kick that everyone seems to like. I make those and regular ABTS together all the time.:cool:

You can see a few of the mini peppers mixed in below. They still have lil smokies in 'em.

· Registered
3,250 Posts
Go Seahawks!

For the true "Seahawk ATBs" you switch out the smokey for a thumb sized dollop of Dungeness crab, a piece of smoked chinook, or the fried foot of a razor clam.
That's a great idea! Just finished up my batch for tomorrow - half mini colored peppers for the wife and half jalapeño with the some seeds in. Got a jalapeño corer from Williams Sonoma that works like a charm. I wore gloves and goggles this time. Finally learned. Tried a new variation on a couple extras this time... The cream cheese onion mixture with a spoonful of pancetta instead of the smokie! No bacon wrap on those since it's enough pork as is.

· Banned
19,962 Posts
Tag

141 - 154 of 154 Posts