IFish Fishing Forum banner
121 - 140 of 154 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
What do you think about pre making them and putting them in the freezer for say a week or two if someone dont have time to make them right away? If I was to put these on the BBQ what time of wood chunks should I use for the smoker box?
Thansk in advance.
Chad

Not sure how long they would keep, but for awhile in the fridge, not sure if freezing them would do something to the cream cheese or not. I did my first batch in my electric smoker and used hickory and oak chips. I did find that mine were done in about an hour and 40 minutes, but my temp stayed at 250 the whole time.

· Registered
3,250 Posts
Made them for the first time yesterday for the SB party. The first guest to pop one is his mouth made a face usually reserved for, shall we say, very private time with his wife. Another couple raved incessantly. I think I may have upstaged my brother in law's cooking just a bit, but it wasn't intentional. 270 degrees with hickory smoke and a garlic olive oil aoli baste for 90min. The Traeger bucket was near half full with drippings. OMG were they good.

· Registered
12 Posts
Thats for sure. Been craving these for awhile now. Have the perfect opportunity to make these tonight for some co-workers of mine at the hospital. hahaha and of course me :). I'm sure they will now know about the ABT's they keep hearing about .

· Registered
1,308 Posts
I bought a treager portable and trying my second batch right now. I put them on smoke at 1pm my intentions are to leave it the whole time on smoke and take them off around 330... I can tell already I better go double up on antacids cause I'm gonna be hurtin in the morning :excited:

121 - 140 of 154 Posts