IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it happening, caught a few off of Portugese a couple of weeks ago. Anyone fishing it. Im getting excited, here comes May, and Astoria, whoohoo. Im going to try and go next weekend. :dance:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Is Astoria open for sturgeon right now? My neighbor brought me over a fresh sturgeon steak a couple of days ago. Seems he has a buddy that likes to sturgeon fish, but wont eat it. He thought his friend said he caught it in Astoria but wasnt sure.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Hey Tundra!
How have you been? Are planning to go over to Astoria this year??? Been out for the Springers yet?

·
Registered
287 Posts
IFISH4U,

Where do you launch at when you go down? You mentioned Portugues Point, I will be there next weekend May 3 & 4. What kind of boat do you have? I will have my white inboard Weldcraft with Fish4Fun across the back of it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mac,

Are you staying at Rosies place? Is this your first trip down this year. Just got the boat back last weekend, so we are making this our first trip of the year. :dance:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Hey CohoD, tried to return your email and it came back. Send me a good address and we'll keep in touch better. I've always got an empty seat for you. May go out Saturday after school and/or Sunday. Got 50 lbs of smelt in the freezer so I'm looking to do some Sturgeon fishing soon. see ya

·
Registered
784 Posts
If you're talking about Hammond, there's nice offerings at the nearby KOA and Ft. Stevens State Park just down the road. Closer in, one right in the immediate vicinity and another a block of two away as I recall are a couple RV parks - spartan in appearance but with hookups the self-contained RV's don't need much.

I'm getting anxious for early June to come on so my sons and I can get together for our traditional two days of gator bashing in the Astoria area. :cheers: :dance: :dance: :cheers:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Was there last weekend and only managed to hook up with shakers. A number of those where 41". The wife and I will be there Saturday in a green ThunderJet with Ifish stickers in both side windows. Say hello if you see us. I report what we find next week.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool, Ill see you guys down there the first weekend in May, hope to see some IFishers, Ill be in a big white open super vee with some big letters ont the side, Ill likely be fishing Portuguese Point or the rest area. Good Luck :cheers:

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Man I love an Astoria sturgeon thread

I usually hit her the second week in May. I am tossing the idea around of maybe next weekend giving her a go. I have never hit it this early before. If anyone would like to share some private tech tips and reports let me know via e-mail or private message. This is the fishing I live for :dance:

So it begins.... Mu ha ha ha..........

[ 04-26-2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Tacklebuster ]

·
Registered
781 Posts
We will be camping at Fort Camby next weekend and hoping to find some sturgeon also.
We were at Tounge Point two weeks ago and didn't even catch a shaker.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It is a three hour drive for me to get there so I always do a weekend trip there. Nothing better than a bent rod with the reel screaming :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts