IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out of Hammond on Friday and Saturday morning. We fished 6 hours on Friday and 3 hours today. We had 10 keepers and 22 shorts for 9 hours of fishing. The bite was so hot on Friday that you couldn't keep three rods in the water. All fish were caught on anchovies and 99 percent of the fish were caught in 8 feet of water. The biggest fish that was tagged went 56 inches and the smallest went 45 inches.

Four keepers back in the drink to fight another day. On Friday after my boat had limits, we had to release 2 fish in the 50 inch range. Man I hate when that happens.

5-Cents and his posse was down on Friday. I called them and gave them our location and within 10 minutes of anchoring up they were into fish. The bad part was the bite died within half an hour and we pulled up and bailed. Shane, did you guys sting anymore after we left? It was almost impossible to fish that location today due to the strong winds. Next trip I'll show you a couple more spots.

Gotta go vacum pac, man I love the estuary sturgeon. The streak lives :dance:

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
I have an idea!!! Let's bid off GPS locations as the next fundraiser on ifish! :smile:

OK, bad idea. :smile: :smile:

You sturgeon people are making me want to get out there! DOH! I'm going with Dennis Stewart on Wednesday! I forgot!

Thanks for the good report! You are making me hungry for smoked sturgie.

Jen

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Tacklebuster thanks a million for the report. We did not manage any more after you left as the wind got to bad. We are going to be back out on Monday so if you are around give us a holler and we will see if we can get someone of your awesome spots. Again thanks you for allowing us to join you Friday.................chris

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
TB, thanks for getting us into our only keeper Friday. :bowdown: We caught a few fish before that were just short but our only keeper came off your awesome advice. :cheers: Your secrets are safe with me dude, unfortunately I had to learn the hard way just like you. :hoboy:
We will be back out on Monday... hopefully that hotspot will be good to go! :grin:

Shane

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shane- That spot will work wonders for you guys. Hit her when the tide is going out. You need to hit the shallows (6 to 9). When the bite starts to taper off, move off to the side in deepers water. We did that today and stayed with the biting fish for quite sometime. Give me a good report and use the lightest weight you can (2 oz).

Chris- Glad you guys could make it down. I am sorry I didn't call you guys sooner. Nothing like ripping lips without another boat in sight. It was like that today too. We finally got the "clingons" that saw us rope too many fish through the optics and the swarmed us like locusts. Thats OK cause when I saw them coming I picked up and moved to way deeper water. The secrets still safe!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Secrets! Ha, There are no secrets when Team Banana Oil are on the water. :laugh: Glad to see you guys got into some fish as well. You get into the bite early in the morning?? We didn't get ours untill middle of the incoming around 5:30 P.M.

[ 05-24-2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Carp ]

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
TB,

It was pretty cool watching you and your family hook into those gators, again and again and again.

Thanks for the 411

Bobby

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
TB,

The BLACK ROCKET is ready to assault the slaughter grounds. You and your wife in????

CAPT KUJO

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mr Carp- My boat was tagged out by 8:30 A.M on both days. It's not that I keep secrets, matter of fact if you read my posts I give away as much info as it would take fishing that area three years or better to learn on your own. I just don't give away honey holes and go to spots anymore to the general internet public. I will however kick some spots down to people that have or will do the same for me. For both days of fishing the only boat I had next to me was 5-Cents and his posse. I like being in an attack formation doing a little shock an awe with him. I just don't like doing it with 18 other people I don't know.

Tight lines and congrats on your catch :cheers:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thats called "Corking" Buddy of mine that charters was filled up and ready to go to the dock at 8:30 on Saturday. Went to the same spot yesterday and there were 18-20 sport boats fishing on the exact same numbers. Hard to keep a secret.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
TB you were giving them the shock and awe I am glad I just could see it happen!
:cool: :grin:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey TackleBuster,

We were doing about the same only we fished Saturday and Sunday. Saturday we were taged out by 6:30 in the morning with a 52 and 44 (should have let the little one go). Because between then and 9:30 we turned another dozen loose in the mid fifties range. On sunday it took a little a longer. We taged out by 10:00 with a 47, 51 and a 52. We thru back 15 shackers and no other keepers. Fishing the same type of water.
We fishhed from 3 to 15 feet of water using sand shrimp. Both days there were only two other boats around us all day.

You gotta love that.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Boy have you guys got it down. I can't wait till I get to go on a trip and experience catching a strugeon in that shallow of water. :dance: :dance:
st

·
Registered
184 Posts
You bet TackleBuster. I am almost always in the inlands above Tounge point. I have never fished much below Youngs bay to many crabs and sculpin to use my favorite bait. It sounds like you guys had a great time as well. One of these days we will end up running into each other out there or up at the fishery.

Latter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts