IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out of Hammond the last two days. Friday was a great bite on the incoming around buoy 22 on the Oregon side. It was hot and heavy for about two hours. The next day I thought we would try the sawdust pile because everyone was going back to 22. After the fog lifted and the tide started in we were into fish for at least two hours. Big Coho up to 18lbs. and two 25lb. Chinook. All this fishing made us hungry on the way home so we stopped into Bundy's for a burger in Clatskanie. Tim the owner is a great guy and if you mention you are from Ifish he will get a special treat. :grin: Get the Double Bundy it will fill you up. :smile:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Rags, the fog was so thick we could not here you on the raido. :wink: We crossed the bar about 11 and it was rougher than the fog was thick. Our GPS kept us on course. We hit fish within the first 10 miunutes and kept hammering them. We finally realized the wind was kicking up so we made our return run across the bar. We boated 5 fish and headed in before the ocean turned completely upside down on us. Once inside, we fished from buoy 10 to 14. We also trolled over to the Chinook channel before quitting. We only had a couple drive bys but no hook ups inside #10. We headed for the docks about 4:30 PM. It was a long drive back but this time, it was in the daylight.

Did you see the boat standed by low tide on the sand bar, just below the Astoria bridge? Three people aboard and they still had their rods out. :hoboy: Must have been fishing for mud suckers or clams. They had to sit it out for several hours waiting for the tide to come back in.

Wanna go for a late tide on Monday? Just joking as I have to work on the Honey Do list. Call me.

Thanks Doc. for letting me tag along. It was especially nice considering we did not have to drive nor wait in the boat lines.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

[ 08-31-2003, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: snapshot ]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Rags, congrats on the fish we always stop in thier on or way back from fishing/claming and get a small ice cream cone small to them is big :grin: or a hamburger :cheers:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Good job on the fish!!

Stopped by Bundy's for the first time last week on the way home, I might just make that a tradition :grin:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Thanks for the report. Fished up river near St. Helens action was nothing special. :sleep: Well not quite that bad.

Bundy's is a good place to stop. I like their shakes.

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
We stop at Bundy's often. Nice to have someplace with enough room to turn the boat around. Great burgers and their fresh banana shakes are great, too.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
:shocked: :shocked: Banana Shakes :shocked: :shocked:

Zoinkies Batman :wink:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll try the banana shake next time since I can't take them fishing. Mmmmm banana :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts