IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of my friends went out salmon fishing on Monday out on the big pond out past buoy 10. They got a boat limit of salmon (11 coho and 1 chinook, and tossed back probably 20 native coho, wow!). Here are a few pictures.

This is a picture of Luke Borchardt right after landing his first salmon in his life, not counting kokanee.

Here's a picture of Luke's first salmon. The fish checker cut off the snout, since it had a computer chip inserted in the nose.

Here's a picture of Luke and Austin with a boat limit of salmon! They are happy campers!

The great thing about this, is we have been trying for a year to get Luke into his first salmon. You see, Luke will finish 39 months of chemotherapy next month for leukemia. As far as the doctor's can tell, he's beat this disease!
You might have remembered the post last year asking where to take him fishing to catch his first salmon. Well, after a year, we finally were able to get Luke into salmon on a man in our church's boat. I had to work, so I didn't go with them, but I let Luke's dad, Ralph borrow my digital camera, because I had promised to post pictures of Luke's first salmon. After what Luke's been through in the past 3+ years, it's great that he's finally healthy again.

Great job Luke! :dance: :dance: :dance:

SKP

[ 08-14-2003, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: SKP ]

·
Registered
150 Posts
Outstanding! Great to hear that Luke is well and had a memorable day. The grin from ear to ear says it all. Another fisherman for life.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Nice picsof a lot of fish, thanks for sharing and good to hear about a favorable outcome for Luke

Boy, are these the 'Good 'ol Days' or what?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Great job Luke.... :dance: :dance: :dance:

I see that "Crackman" came along for the ride in the first photo. :blush:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Congratulations, Luke on you frist salmon :bowdown:
,What a day of fishing (catching) :dance:

[ 08-14-2003, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Quick Fisher ]

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
heart warming. sounds like first of many fish to come. great job luke, you da man!!!

·
Administrator
119,700 Posts
Talons is a great guide! However, we don't allow non ifish sponsors to put up contact information.
Please e mail SKP for details, if you'd like.

From The Acceptable Use Policy:

If you donate a contest for the front page of ifish, you may use the resources on ifish.net to advertise your product for the term in which you are being displayed on ifish.

Thanks, guys... It's gotta be this way!

Jen

·
Administrator
119,700 Posts
I know that you weren't SKP!
Talons, like you said, is a wonderful guy, and a great guide, from what I have heard!
He was very generous and donated a trip to ifishers.

No hard feelings at all, and thanks for the fun story. Tell Luke congratulations and give him a big hug from us ifishers!
:smile:
J

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jennie,

I don't even know Talons, I want you to know that I posted just because I was happy with what he was willing to do last year for Luke. He has nothing to do with posting this. I was not trying to sneak in and get advertising for him, I was just happy for what he offered to do last year. I'm going to edit out my post right now.

I didn't even think, sorry.

SKP

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Nice story and great haul of fish. Way to go Talons!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts