IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right... I have spent at least a couple hours trying to figure out my picture software. This was the best I could do.

I started last Saturday (August 16th)at Newport and boated 2 kings and the rest silvers. A friend of my cousin caught his first ever salmon.

Sunday I moved up to Astoria and boated a few tule's in the morning, then got impatient and ran outside to the CR for these.

Monday, we started at the bridge and had a tough time getting them in the boat. Had one lost next to the boat, lost my nicest fish of the week when another boat refused to pull in their lines :shrug: Released a tule, released a wild coho and boated one nice nook. Got impatient....Ran to the Ocean and quickly limited.

Tuesday was my day. We limited in the river by 11:00 with nooks and silvers.

Wednesday, I forgot the camera, but the net only flashed three times that day. Lost another in the prop and another next to the boat. Missed quite a few as well. Spent the day in the river until about 2:00 when the wind kicked up.

Thursday I also forgot the camera, but boated 9 keepers in the river. Had close to 30 chances, but couldn't get them to stick. Action was consistent and active. My 75 year old grandad and his 80 year old friend were tired and wanted to go in at about 1:00. Otherwise, I think we could have limited.

Friday we slipped accross the bar and hit a quick 8 fish limit and headed back in for the other 4. Picked up 3 before my grandad gave up at 12:00. Here is the picture, one short of a limit.

A great trip with a lot of nooks (URB's and tule's) a lot of coho and maybe too much family. (Its allright, they aren't on the site.) If I counted correctly 58 keepers in 7 days with tule's and wild coho's released.

If anyone can suggest a good picture software program, I am shopping for one.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Finclipped, you had a great week from what I can see. I would say you were rewarded to fish with family. Some great memories are of fishing with my dad as a kid. Sure would like to have enough confidence to fish that area too. I seem to run across the bar because I know the fish are there. I cannot say I have that confidence inside the river but you seem to prove I don't know nothin..... Well done and take Dad and his friend again. While you can.

If you change programs for the pictures can I have your old one? :grin:
*Fish only bite wet hooks*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts