IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody fished B-10 or the bridge area today? How was the bite? Did it rain out there today? I'm getting up at 3am to start driving there for fishing on Saturday and would love some extra motivation to get out of bed. Actually I probably won't even be able to sleep tonight since I'm already so excited about going, but I'd love to hear how today's bite was. :)

-Salmonman

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would also love to hear a report from today. I am thinking about heading up to B10 on sat or sun. Heading to the store to get some more supply's. Never can have to much gear. :smile:

SL

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
As they say, "Silence is Golden" (or chrome). :wink:

SKP

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fished b10 hard today. Nothing. Started down at the bridge and worked through Chinook to Bouy 10. Spent almost 6 hours on the water today and only saw two fish caught. I talked to the fish checked at Canby at 3o'clock and he said he had not checked a limit from the inside all day. I hope it picks up..I also have several days booked next week. The weather may be a factor for the next few days.

·
Registered
612 Posts
13 lb chinook at B 12 also, 3 light take downs. 2 crab, lot of females. Tillamook/Neahlam tomorrow.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Capt. Hank called me about 30 minutes ago and told me he did pretty good at 10 after lunch. Said he fished until 4:30, and got fish for all of his customers

·
Registered
908 Posts
Fished 2.5 hours before and just after high tide yesterday. 1 King 2 Silvers, whole green label herring with the divers bumpin bottom every so often.

Jim

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Fished the Church hole to the Bridge until 10 (did not see a net fly once), then ran outside for a quick limit of 4 keeper coho.

We did see some fish being caught at B-10 on our way in.

Good luck and post a report!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for the reports! I'm pumped up to go. As I feared I am too excited to sleep tonight, but that's a good thing I guess. It never seems to get old - the thrill of the hunt. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.

-Salmonman

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Yesterday we slept in, had breakfast and didn't start fishing until 9 a.m. and quit at about 3.

We lost three fish, released a small unclipped silver then three of the clients limited and but the fourth didn't touch a fish.

I had planned on fishing later but the guy that didn't catch had to get going so he could do a wedding rehearsal. I told him it would be alright to be late since it wasn't the real wedding yet :shocked:

Caught them at B10 on cutplug herring.

[ 08-16-2003, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: David Johnson ]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a quick report to let everyone know how my trip went on Saturday. We started out at B-10 at 6:15am or so, but almost everyone was on their way out to sea. I decided to take everyone's advice and not attempt it till I was had gone with someone else that knew what they were doing. Anyway, there were only a few of us fishing B-10. I saw one hook up, but frankly the outgoing tide was too strong (for a proper herring roll) even if we stayed in one spot, so we kept get sucking out past B10. That, plus the large swells and lots of rip made us decide to head further upriver and try out luck there. We stopped just outside of chinook launch and tried out luck there. lots of fish on the fish finder, but no bites for anyone. Saw the coast guard head out to sea twice. We went to the bride and didn't get any bites there. Trolled back to chinook launch and on the incoming tide we finally got our first fish - a 5lb silver around 1:00. Saw a few other people hooking up around us. Finally got impatient around 3-4pm and wanted to try the last of the incoming tide at B10 so we zipped back out there. Actually we stopped at about B12 as some people were hooking up there. Saw one boat haul in a huge nook (40+lbs). We had one strong take down but missed it. Saw several boats around us getting fish. Trolled back to chinook launch on our way out. 12 hours of fishing, 3 rods and 1 silver. Not a great day, but still fun. A couple of other people we talked to got 1 fish per boat. Thanks again for all the advice and help.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hey salmonman,

Nice report. I had a similar day on Sunday (one Silver to show for it, but fun).

I just wanted to stress that you should be real careful on the outgoing tide, especially if you are in close to the wing dams. Sometimes you don't realize how fast the water is going on the outgoing and there are areas where the water sucks you up through the wing dams and into Baker Bay. (I'm speaking from experience here by-the-way.) I learned that the only place to fish on the outgoing is up by the bridge or Church Hole. The wing dams out of Chinook have only been productive for me at the very end of the outgoing to almost low tide (or the incoming of coarse).

Good luck and tight lines. :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts