IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we have the no tell motel booked, I need to reserve some bait.

We are launching at the John Day ramp. We are getting there on hwy 30, so Hammond and Warrenton are out of the way. So, is there a bait place at the JD ramp that I can reserve some shrimp and 'Chovies? Anyone got a name or number? Feel free to e-mail if it is against policy.

Thanks all.

Mark and the rolling in the bait dog.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
When I'm over in that hood, I buy all my bait at Tackle Time, an ifish sponsor.

Link is at the bottom of the page. :smile:

[ 06-11-2003, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: WaterDog ]

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
There is a bait truck at the JD ramp. I haven't had to make reservations before, but if you do a search, I think KingFisher85 posted a phone number awhile back (2 weeks).

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Waterdog. I am hoping for a tip without stepping on anyones toes here. Warrenton would cost me about 30 minutes extra drive time. Which is why I asked about the Tongue Point area. Or even East of John Day on Hwy 30.

I too buy a lot of herring from Tackle Time. Especially in August. But I am launching close to them in August.

Thanks.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Yeah, they are a little out of the way but I just leave earlier. Nice folks too. Free Willy does have a bait truck at the John Day ramp. Don't know if you can do reservations tho'.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The bait truck # (503)338-7220. It is there on week-days also. We were running late that day so called to reserve bait. Told her we wouldnt be there till 11 :cheers: She said that she normally leaves by 10. She said if I could be there by 11 she would wait. We were and we got our bait and 2 nice keepers. Couldn't have done it with out Free Willy :grin: Another # (503) 861 1201. Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
They will also help you out with repairs. Last year I had some axle problems on my trailer, they helped me out on Sunday!

Good luck, wish I could make it over there too.

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts