IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be going over to Astoria this weekend (as will everyone else) and was just wondering if I could get a detailed description of what is working there? Any info would be great! Thanks!

· Vendor
6,576 Posts
WA side of the river seems to be outproducing the OR side, and so far this year it sounds like bait is slightly outfishing hardware. Be careful of the tides and wind down there in the afternoon. I hear it got pretty nasty this afternoon with steep wind waves today.

If I could make it out tomorrow morning I would make passes from Ilwaco to Chinook on the incoming, and then from the trailer park to the tunnel on the start of the outgoing. Hope to have all your nooks and off the water before the wind kicks up.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
WA side of the river seems to be outproducing the OR side, and so far this year it sounds like bait is slightly outfishing hardware. Be careful of the tides and wind down there in the afternoon. I hear it got pretty nasty this afternoon with steep wind waves today..
thats scary to think... 2 years ago when I was there couple of guys in a bass boat trolling around.... they surely must have been wet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.