IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went Friday out of Hammond. On the water by 5:15 and off the water by 7:30. 48 crab in a little over 2hrs, awesome. Used shad for bait. Had to throw a dozen keepers back because we were short a person. All crabs were full of meat although soft shelled. They tasted great! Every pull brought up tons of crab. This is the best I've ever done this early. It's gonna be a great fall crabbing season! :cheers:

[ 07-21-2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: TundraIII ]

·
Registered
731 Posts
Tundra sounds like you had a great day. Did you crab in the ocean? We have been crabbing in about 70' water south of the jetty. Have been getting crabs, but nothing like that. Way to go!

Yeeha
Yeeha is spending most of July and August out of Hammond also.

Taking the boat out tommorrow for a trip on the Deschutes Wed thru Sat back Sunday hope the wind calms down.
Larry :cheers:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Havent gotten outside yet this year. These crab were caught in 20 to 40 ft of water. 4 slip rings, 3 slip pots, 2 pots. Pulled each four times. Pulled up a couple hundred crab and I bet I saw maybe 20 females.
Lots of males just under the mark. Have to get my canning supplies ready for this fall!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Awesome. Tons of females outside :shocked:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Andrew, you wouldnt happen to be missing an electric hook sharpener? Found one in the boat when I was cleaning up the other day. I have the last week of August off and will spending a large portion of it in Astoria. Let me know if you have a couple of free days. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts