IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the weekend down at Astoria. Great weather :cool: and the fishing wasn't too bad either. My husband got the bigger of the two and he also got a coho. His was 32" and mine was 29". We didn't have a scale with us.
He also got a 24" chinook that we released about 20 seconds after he put his rod in the holder on our first drift! The fish in the picture look a little weird because they had been in the cooler for awhile.(Forgot the camera in the truck.)We were fishing from the bridge down to about buoy 12. We caught both of the chinook down between Chinook and Baker Bay. He caught the coho up by the wing dam below the church.

We didn't do so good today. :depressed: Actually, if the darn fish would have stayed on the hook, we would have done great!! :depressed: I got a nice approx. 15 lber up to the boat and it got off. I hooked another that took a lot of line out and then it just wasn't there. Had another good takedown and then it was gone. I did get a really nice flounder though!! :laugh:

Dipnet :grin:

[ 08-18-2003, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Dipnet ]

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Thanks so much for the awesome report. It sounds like it is time..........thank you again.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops, I forgot to say we were using whole herring and were fishing really deep, 45-50 pulls.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Nice fish :cheers:
It seems that if you forget the camera or scale you catch more fish :grin:

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Go Tigers!!! Nice to know there's another one of us out there salmonman :wink: !!!!!!!!

[ 08-18-2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Dipnet ]

·
Registered
641 Posts
I saw you guys pull up just as we were getting in the water on friday. How did your boat handle out there? Ive got a 16' ospry also. I was going to take my boat, but went with a guide instead. We ran into quite chop later in the day around the wing dam on the washington side about a 1/2 mile or so up from bouy 10. Thats also were we started getting into fish. I got 2 nice coho, and another guy in the boat got a nice 28lb or so chinook. We were fishing whole herring at between 18 to 22 pulls. We were also using snubbers, which the guide used on all rigs. We only lost 2.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The boat handled it just fine! Even in the really rough water it was good. Didn't take on any water except for a little over the back by the motor. It sure would be nice to have some of those air shock seats though!!!!!!!!! We're going to get some of those snubbers to try next time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts