IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to Astoria for the day to give sturgeon a try. We started about noon (early start :grin: ). We had worms, sandshrimp, smelt, and fresh anchovies. BTW, you can get fresh anchovies from Chinook Country Store or Columbia River Fish Factory if anyone is launching from Chinook. We fished right out from the Warrenton marina and below the bridge on the Washington side. Nothing. Just some bullheads and crabs attacking our bait. We decided to head over to Young's Bay and give it a try. Not more than 30 minutes, BAM! a 52" fella for my brother. About another 45 minutes and on his pole again but I reeled it up, a 48" one as well. Those were the only two we got and the only bites we got as well. Kinda slow, but we did get to take a couple home. We also tried right out from the docks in Astoria above the bridge and nothing as well. We fished until almost dark, so overall not an extremely hot day overall

Nice talking to Pitch Pocket and fishnxtc. Hope they were successful! I heard Zaq on the radio as well, but I was getting a lot of static for some reason so I didn't have a chance to talk to him. BTW, I talked to somebody at the launch in Astoria in the Afternoon as we were putting in you were taking out. I talked to you for a couple of minutes. I didn’t realize until you were putting your boat on the trailer that you had an ifish sticker right in the center on the back of your boat. It looked like a seaswirl or something and you about got crashed into buy some weirdo who was out of control in a sled. Just curious who this was because it was a pleasure talking to you as well.

Here is my brother (Quick Fisher) and the two fish landed on his hot pole!!!

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Nice gators man

Next time I will try to keep XTC off my radio so he wont bother guys like you that obviously know how to catch fish... unlike us on Friday :hoboy:
:wink: :grin:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hey speak for yourself MR 5-cent. Don't be mad just beacuse you had to enjoy the keeper I caught for dinner. It was nice to talk with other Ifishers out on the water. Looks like you found yourself a couple of keepers nice job...............Chris

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
We fished Friday and Saturday. Friday was a great day in Astoria this year. 75 degrees and no wind till 1 pm. Outstanding. Not so nice today though. Foggy this morning and wind blew 20. Seemed like all day.

Scored a 50 and a 46 Friday and 46 and 43 Saturday. I had to hunt and move for mine and it seemed like work, but work was done and we found our fish. We fished above the bridge and didn't see another boat for a mile.

[ 05-24-2003, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Pitch Pocket ]

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Job all!!! Nice to talk to some good people like yourselves that don't mind sharing a little info. I figure there are enough fish in the river that if we are into them, why not let someone else we know hear about it so they can jumo in on the action. If I am into them and have luck, I'll let ya know. We'll all get our fish sooner or later. We didn't get into the fish and I got on the radio, but I think everyone had left.

fishinxtc and 5-Cents: Were you guys in a Tan Alumaweld that finished up over by the entrance to Young's Bay?? My brother kinda confused me about who he thought was who. I don't thin he knows what the heck he was talking about. :grin: I heard ZaQ say he was on the radio, but I didn't know if he was with you guys as well. We were in the 20' GlasPly with the Yamaha outboard near you guys.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Mr. Carp,

Yea that was my boat... XTC is the short guy yellin all the time. I am the good looking, intelligent guy and an obviously better sturgeon fisher :wink: :tongue: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:laugh: Maybe we'll get the opportuntiy to do it again sometime. Tight Lines.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He picked them up on the ever famous sand shrimp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts