IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used them and had success? It sure would be nice to find something to use underneath a bobber that isn't as messy or stinky as eggs. I've seen a couple different ones at Joe's that don't look to bad and even have some with scents. I wonder what would happen if you soaked the artificial eggs in a scent. Also wonder how long the scent would stay on. Anyone try this?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have used the Gooey Bobs drift fishing for Steelhead with limited success. Looked like something that would work so I tried it.

As far as soaking the artificial eggs in scent, I don't know how much scent will be held. Probably the better solution is to use yarn with it and scent the yarn.

Good luck with it. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
14,449 Posts
i've been packing the powerbait clusters in my bag for over a year and decided to give one a shot for the silvers a few weeks ago. first cast it got nailed but i was so completely surprised that i missed the hookset. casted it a dozen more times and never got hit again.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
L, Jenson makes an artificial rubber egg that comes in multiple sizes and colors and is scented with anise, or shrimp. These are great for winter steel with yarn!! :grin:

G

·
I don't think these "Gooey-Bobs" or similar soft plastic baits will actually absorb scent.

[ 10-17-2003, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Stew ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts