IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like their still stacked up outside :whazzup: Is anyone knoking them dead yet in the columbia? Heading down next Thursday and just wantin to know.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
a......a......a......please see David Johnsons fishing report. It is happening......aa.....aaaaa.....I think :wink:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Uh uh uh......someone hasnt been paying attention!
I'm sorry, youre gonna have to move your desk to the front of the class :grin:

Seriously tho, get out on the river man!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey hey hey, take it easy on me
The report that i have been getting is that it is still slow by the Astoria Bridge and the Church hole. By slow i mean a couple fish to the boat a day. I was just wondering if it was red hot up at these spots yet.

I was the kid thats desk was next to the teachers not just in front of the class

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I wouldnt say "Red Hot" but there are fish to be had.
I'll be hitting those areas this weekend end and through next week too. Early am incoming tides this weekend. Cant wait to get out there again. 10 glorious days, mandatory vacations are such a drag :tongue:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TundraIII,
Im heading down on the 28th and i think you owe me barley pop for that front of the class commit. :cheers: Good luck and thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Haven't seen a really hot bite yet. A sporadic bite at the bridge on high slack and a bit of a bite across from the church, as the tide starts to ebb. But generally slow by Hammond standards.

A good bite yesterday between r-10 and r-12 about 1 hour into the flood....but baby it got scarey rough out there....kinda miserable fishing, even when you are catching.

If the wind ever quits and you can sneak outside the bar, you will limit quickly.

It's very rough country. Be careful. Make sure your skills and boat are adequate...or hire a guide. It really isn't much more expensive than paying for your own fuel and bait.

Good Luck!

[ 08-21-2003, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: HOGTIDE ]

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Niceshot, I'll try to get to a keyboard and let you know how we're doing.

p.s. 9th grade, Mrs. Kingsbury's English class. She made me push my desk right up against hers for a good part of the year. We got to sit side by side facing the class. I remember it like it was yesterday. Me feeling like a total goob and Mrs. Kingsbury in her black horn rimmed glasses and bee hive hair doo. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just got back from Ilwaco Tuesday. It was hot on Sat- Mon anywhere from buoy 2 to CR and south. 7 of us had limits by 8:30 in cluding one 26# king. We had a hard time keeping more than two lines in the water ( real tough huh!!) had several doubles. Tuesday we went out to 2, but it was too rough for the grandkids to try to fish, so we came back in and caught one 18# king and one silver before heading home. Would post pictues but camera went overboard while trying to determine if we had a native or not. Saw quite a few nice kings come in on Tuesday at noon, they said they got them in the flats between the church and the bridge. I know buoy 10 has been real slow the past week, but it appears it pick up Tuesday.
:laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

·
Registered
790 Posts
With a little rain forecasted for Friday, that will help improve the river, as those chromers are just itchin to head up the river. The river should be good from now till ??? Have at 'em!

·
Registered
676 Posts
fished the cr bouy saturday and had a blast with the daughter,like diehard said many doubles,,just 1 nook though16# have pictures just not sure on how to post,,im better at looking at pictures :grin:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Took the ladies out cross the bar an they got sick so we returned them to the dock, went to 10 noone around,,picked up 4 on the flood :shrug: one wasa 20 lb nook an others were nice big silvers,...been doin the best @ the CR...195' line..quads on..an whata mess.. had to hand line a few 15 lb silvers in...fun but what looks from the passer by's...caught 2 blue sharks an one 40 lbs sunfish!..how odd lookin they are..an one 40 lbs nook,,limits on the boat ina few hrs..more fun than @ 10 or bridge...just watch the waves!

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Numerous swinging nets today, lots of fish hooked up. Saw DJ boat 1 and then lost him in the crowd. Saw Marty Pedersen and possibly Grant Scheele along with tons of other guide boats. It is rough on the outgoing when the wind kicks up. Coast guard was pretty busy today. :cheers:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I fished buoy 10 thursday 8-21-03 and put 10 fish in the box with 4 poles between 6 am to 8 am. Not bad compared to the 4 previous trips that where 1 or 2 fish per day and long hours.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Wednesday, 8/20, last day of 5 day trip. Just two of us in the boat and we landed 7 nooks, relased 5 at the boat, plus another 2 short/long line release, got a few silvers too. all this by 11:00 AM......... gret bite, Thurs slowed a little. FB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts