IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering about some frozen clams I have from last August, if they are good, or should I chuck them?

After shelling them, I immediately froze them raw. I froze them in freezer bags, with a little added water. Before I froze them, I squeezed out all air bubbles, so they don't appear freezer burned at all. The clams now reside in ice in the freezer bags.

I'm wondering about quality. Any suggestions?

SKP

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I've done clams just like that several times and they turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Just bring them over here and I will try all of them for you and let you know if they were any good :laugh: If I get sick you wont be out anything :grin: I promise I will let you know. :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
SKP

I would be very leary of clams left this long and would probably dispose of them in the proper means immediately. :rolleyes: Please let me know where you are at and I can assist in their proper disposal. (lightly breaded and fried quickly in peanut oil!!!!) :laugh:

I just had some from last July and they were Grrrrrrreate! :tongue:

Thank the lord I got enough last summer to tide me over so far this year since razor clamming is still closed. White Gold!!

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
I'm with fishchaser. If you just bring half to him and half to me we'll try them out for you. I mean, i'd feel better about me getting sick rather than you :grin:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Frozen clams are no good, they are better cooked and dipped in butter.

If you are afraid of eating them, you can use them for ocean perch bait. There ain't nothing better.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, I'm taking them out to thaw now.

I can't wait, YUM YUM.

SKP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts