IFish.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
15,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow!!!! What a fantastic experience and a great time with some awesome people!!!! :clap: There are many who are deserving of much thanks and appreciation. Thanks to the OTC board, DU and all those sponsors - I wish I could remember them all, but that's Del's job. :jester: And thanks to the wives of those who helped out and to the wives who sat at home awaiting the calls indicating safe returns. :bowdown:

Specifically, I'd also like to give a special shout out to Bud!!! You're a class act, my friend and your generosity is was appreciated and felt by many. And thank you, sir for making our experience that much stress-free (moorage Friday night) and more enjoyable!!! :bowdown:

Thanks to StickFish - apparently, Boatdog smuggled him onto my boat during the festivities to perform a clandestine VHF radio test. Thanks a bunch, Ted!! And sorry I didn't get a chance to catch up with you at the banquet.

And to my crew: Boatdog (Tom), Skybuster (Jim) and Yarndog2003 (Chris)!!! Man, you guys rock!!! What a great crew. Thanks for being there and for all your help guys!!! :bowdown: Teamwork at its finest!

Now for the report. We headed out with the rest of the fleet and awaited the flares. After the big skunk that Hammond sprayed on my boat, I had a new determination. We managed to keep up with the fleet. We were glad that NOAA missed the mark this time - and we benefitted from the nicer-than-predicted ocean.

Bottom line is that we scratched up 9 fish. Our top 5 weighed in at 120.25#. I was told that we at least had our name on the leader board for a little while - sure would have liked to seen a pic of that. :) We saw lots of jumpers, but they were being stubborn. We couldn't get a single fish to take a swim bait on the cast. :shrug: Most of our fish were on trolled swim baits and p/b cedar plugs. We started fishing at about the 124:20 line and went out as far as 124:38 or so. Our closest fish was at about 124:18 on the way back in. 9 fish total, but it was a fantastic day - running in between 25 and 30 kts. :dance:

Here are a few pics of the day:

Heading out of the harbor with the fleet

Flares Up - Hammer Down

Skybuster's pretty pleased to get that first hookup of the day.

The crew even gave the skipper a turn on the deck.

Bonus fish!! We got this guy on our way back 10" smoker.

Coming together for food, drink, friendship and a great evening!

Hey guys! There's this stuff call sun screen! I think I had some on the boat. :jester:

The only decent pic I got of any of the winners. 2nd place winners TUNA! Time! :applause:

Buh, buh, buh, buh Bad to the Bone! :clap:

All in all, Team Aqua Velvet gives the Garibaldi OTC....

TWO FINS UP!! :applause: :cheers:

CrF

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
:clap:

Thanks to all that brought the event together, it was amazing!

Thank you Kerry for everything, I've enjoyed all my time spent with the Aqua Velvet crew this year and look forward to more adventures.

That picture of me is a little scary. I'm sure the camera is adding like 40 pounds:redface:, and I'm not sure what you would call that facial expression. I can't remember what look I was going for with that one.:laugh:

Man, it's kinda depressing here Monday morning without another tourney to look forward to. Guess we just gotta practice up and get our game tight for next year.:smash:

Thanks again to everyone involved.:clap:

·
Registered
17,793 Posts
No problem Kerry, I forgot to mention to Boatdog that there is a tutorial on soldering up that connector in the tips and tricks section. If you have any questions just let me know

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Great post and pictures Capt. Kerry :applause:

It looks like a fun time was had by all !

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
Nice showing Kerry. Congrats and good job.

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
Yeah considering others that fished scored lower than low. All in good fun and I wish I could have been there and caught A fish too. Nice job everyone. You too Bud.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
great job guys. 6th is real good. much better than 30th, it might be time to look for a better captain on the ol'second season.

or at least less time taking pictures of that damn turtle. i do believe that it cost us 10 places for sure.

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Yeah considering others that fished scored lower than low. All in good fun and I wish I could have been there and caught A fish too. Nice job everyone. You too Bud.:laugh:
C & E you were missed...the CR had some good boats in the tourney...they needed a few more to make the podium...something they can work on in the off season.

It is outstanding that Team Aqua Velvet finished so high, from the radio it sounded like they had a strong 2nd half of the day. This supports the format of 5 big fish winning and keeping teams in the hunt until the end.

Well done Senior Chromaflage!

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
kerry, nice work. We did find willing fish casting swim baits, but i did learn that next time the radio will be off when I get into that situation, as I'm sure we could have improved things somewhat.

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
C & E you were missed...the CR had some good boats in the tourney...they needed a few more to make the podium...something they can work on in the off season. !

Wish I could have played. But the relatives had a great time fishing salmon in the morning. We were done before 9 with 8 keepers. Ran out to the tuna grounds and boy it got ugly fast. Fish for 1 hour and tucked tail to head home. Not nice at all off the CR. How quickly things change out the. Inside it was outstanding and smooth with just a little swell. After the 37 line:passout:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts