IFish Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's a shame they pulled it. It would be like me offering to teach someone to tie flies for free, and being yanked since I tie professionally. That is too bad. Sounds like you only wanted to help. I didn't read the post though, so not sure on whole content. But if you didn't ask for $$$ or compensation, that's a shame for members to miss out on winterizing expertise. Never hurts for info. I for one wouldn't delete it, probably would've pinned it to top of board.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Hey Mods, I would be interested in why this post was pulled. .... Moretime, perhaps you could become a sponser. It sounds like a mis understanding and if your goal is to truly help all us I fishers then there should be a way to get the info out. If your stepping on toes, then thats a diff story.

·
Administrator
119,648 Posts
There is more to the story than you understand.
That's all I'm going to say.
Please note, however, that in my humble opinion, he was not honest with me, nor with you, in his past posts.

:rolleyes:

Jen

[ 11-01-2003, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Administrator
41,369 Posts
The post was pulled because Moretime was offering to SELL a service. He wrote, " Me fees are not painful and because of that I would ask all involved to make a small donation to Ifish for the support it deserves to allow us to all be here on this site. The amount of money you will save by protecting your engine from freeze damage will more than make up for it. " ..... the ad was not approved and violates the IFish advertising policy.

Regardless of the generosity of the offer, this is selling a service ... that's the root problem, particularly troublesome when others have already approached Ifish to provide this service, but are still negotiating for the right to advertise.

·
Registered
175 Posts
On 10-31 I posted a winterizing alert due to the sudden drop in temperature. I offered to answer any online questions reguarding your engine, and for anyone unsure I offered to meet in groups at a launch ramp of choice to show you how to drain and protect your engines.
This post was immediately pulled off the board and quickly informed this was a solicitation and against board policy. To those I offended I am very sorry. I want all ifishers to know I offer online advise to anyone at anytime at NO CHARGE to keep you guys out of the shops and on the water. This is one way I would like to contribute to this great site! Thank You Moretime

G

·
moretime,
It looked to me like you were offering free help.
You also gave some good advice and a warning.

:depressed: A cracked block or lower unit is a bad thing :depressed:

I've lived in cold country most of my life and know what needs to be done before the cold weather. Others might not know this.

Thanks, from me at least

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.