IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up there for my sister in law's wedding in mid September. I am going to sneak out for some grouse hunting in the evenings.

Would love some hints from experienced folks. PLEASE PM me.:crazy:

:cheers:
GRIFF

P.S. I always hunt my grouse in Idaho around Ketchum and would be willing to swap info. Also... I REALIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF KEEPING SPOTS TO YOURSELF! That is why I won't pass on hunting spots unless I find them myself. I appreciate the help!

· Registered
4,621 Posts
Well, I know very little about the area except for the fact I was a passenger in our car when I was a kid making trips back and forth to Seattle from Yakima. I remember the change in the terrain along the drive though.

If you know what Blue Grouse like, and I bet you do since you hunt near Ketchum. I think you would do best for them by heading toward Yakima until you start seeing those Tamarack/Ponderosa stands and grass covered ridges.

Sorry I couldn't help more, I'm jonesing for the opener here......:dance:

I hope the WA guys can help you out! :cheers:

· Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I know very little about the area except for the fact I was a passenger in our car when I was a kid making trips back and forth to Seattle from Yakima. I remember the change in the terrain along the drive though.

If you know what Blue Grouse like, and I bet you do since you hunt near Ketchum. I think you would do best for them by heading toward Yakima until you start seeing those Tamarack/Ponderosa stands and grass covered ridges.

Sorry I couldn't help more, I'm jonesing for the opener here......:dance:

I hope the WA guys can help you out! :cheers:
That's the plan! Thanks Mike! :cheers:

(can't wait for that first Grouserole! :food:)

· Registered
4,621 Posts
I putzed around the net a bit and found this site:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=blue+grouse

Wanna' see a whole lotta' pics of Blue Grouse this is a good place to go. A few oddball pics in there but it's obvious there are other grouse fans out there! :)

· Registered
1,251 Posts
When in levinworth going just before you get out of town going up the pass there is a road on the left called "Icicle rd" follow that up a way and it should put you into some good blue grouse. The road gose forever so have fun.

Drew

· Registered
755 Posts
Going up there for my sister in law's wedding in mid September. I am going to sneak out for some grouse hunting in the evenings.

Would love some hints from experienced folks. PLEASE PM me.:crazy:

:cheers:
GRIFF

P.S. I always hunt my grouse in Idaho around Ketchum and would be willing to swap info. Also... I REALIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF KEEPING SPOTS TO YOURSELF! That is why I won't pass on hunting spots unless I find them myself. I appreciate the help!
Go west to coles corner I think it is about 20 miles or so maybe less, go twords Fish Lake or Lake Wenatchee. Great area for all kinds of critters. Pick a road and start driving. There are a bunch of old closed roads that you can take a walk on.
When will you be there? I will be up that way looking for a bear the 16th through the 19th.
Pm me if you are around there that time we can try to hook up.:cheers:
Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.