IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at some used ACB Boats and I am wondering what some owners like or dislike about them? I would like to really look over an older 2300 if someone in the Portland / Vancouver area has one and does not mind me looking and asking questions.
Thanks Mike

· Registered
1,441 Posts
I have been looking at some used ACB Boats and I am wondering what some owners like or dislike about them? I would like to really look over an older 2300 if someone in the Portland / Vancouver area has one and does not mind me looking and asking questions.
Thanks Mike
Gundog, mine is moored at Depoe Bay on dock 1. Another larger ACB is moored on dock 2. PM me when you know you will be driving through Depoe and I would be more than happy to let you step aboard.

My largest complaint with the ACB is that I don't get to use it as much as I would like to.

· Registered
109 Posts
I had a 2300 for 2 seasons & sold it earlier this year. No doubt it's a quality built boat. You could get run over by a destroyer & still remain afloat. It does however have some shortcomings. If your going to seriously fish it, due to the narrow rear deck, four rods become a bit crowded. The boat is not a dry boat. You can wear out a pair of wiper blades in a season. The biggest drawback I had was it's handling while trying to dock. Admittedly, I don't possess the best seamanship skills. But due to the hull design, the boat does not respond well at low rpm's. When trying to get it into a slip among other boats in a moderate wind became real pucker time. I ended up taking it to a marine shop where we took some aluminum bar stock & welded a keel down the centerline of the bow. It helped some but still not perfect. If your going to just trailer the boat then it's not as much an issue vs getting into & out of a slip. Others may have a different take on it, but do take one for a test drive & see how well you can handle it.

· Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is one in Oak Harbor I am interested in but that is at least a 10 hour round trip for me. I am not sure if the boat is big enough for what I want. I hate to drive 10 hours for nothing.

The irony is I talked to this guy 2 weeks ago, I saw the add in the boat trader. I took a business trip up to that area and thought I could look at this boat but was unable to contact him until I was almost home he finally called me back. I am wondering home much room the birth has and also how many people they will seat comfortably.
Mike

· Registered
109 Posts
I would say the v-berth was pretty typical for this size boat. Accomodates one adult comfortably, two gets slightly cozy. In the model I had, there were two captains seats & two narrow bench seats, so you could sit four persons.

· Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fog Horn,
Thanks I think you have saved me a trip. I want to sleep 2 adults and I would like to seat 6 people out of the weather. It sound like this model is too small.
Thanks Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.