IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am starting to tie up some Steelhead rigging for this fall and I made a call to find out if you can use a 2 hook set up??
1, on the bottom, a corkie/pearl, than another hook, for the top.
Anyone out there thats in the know, can help??

Last year the cops did't have a clue, when I was checked out, thay got together and chated for a while but never came back, I asked Don the bio/fish checker,and he said, you have used them for years down here, and no has said nothing.
I don't want to get into a pickle if you know what I mean, So any help well set me free.
Thanks Old River-Rat----Fishing on the Deschutes.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
River-Rat,
It may be a legal set up but do you really think such a set up is needed. #14 pearl corkie with a #4 Gami has worked well for me. Just wondering the advantage of adding a second hook into that rig?
Some of the combat fishing areas use such a rig to feed silvers (floss etc) but really not needed nor frequently used for steelhead.

Not trying to enflame with this post, just wondering the advantage of the second hook. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan, I dont know if it's good useing 2 hook set ups but than I have found out that when I have hooked a fish it's usualy the top hook that gets them, Flossing Ha if that what flossing is than I would rather use a 1 hook set up as I have hade the same secucess with the 1 hook set ups.
I can remember a time when okie drifters were made up in the 2 hook deal, but than I was just a beginner at fishing and remember lousing a good share of them, about 35 years ago.
Thanks Dan for shareing this with me and to all who replyed. River-Rat.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
River-Rat,
I too remember the 2 hook okie drifter rigs and just purchased 2 yesterday at a garage sale. I guess it really boils down to how a person fishes with there tackle. Keep up what works and hooking into Chrome Steel!! :grin: :cheers:

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Sounds like a standard side drifting rig to me.

#4 Gami w/ egg loop, little corky, #4 Gami "stinger" on bottom, They get on either or both hooks.

I also use a varient of this for backbouncing/boondoggin salmon.

Sometimes helps with the short biters.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
It also keeps the corkie between the hooks and not sliding up the line. Especially when sidedrifting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts