IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sturgeon to be had in the Estuary this time of year? :shrug: I have had my fill of salmon and steelhead and I have never fished down there this time of year for sturgeon and I am getting a hankering for some C&R action. :dance: :dance: I am specificly looking for info out of Deep River or John Day.

Any input at all would be appreciated!

G

·
Can't give you a current report, but when I have fished it during this timeframe in past years, there are always fish in the area. That is, of course, unless you guys killed all the keepers this past season :tongue: :wink:

Ever tried Herring down there Shane? Try it. :wink:

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
There are plenty of sturgeon to be had this time of year. Herring and anchovies fished shallow. You know where I am talking about. We did C and R to burn our bait after fishing the ocean for Silvers and we averaged 10 keeper size fish for about two hours of fishing in August and September. October is awesome with very little pressure.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
passing the time until springer season :grin: dont worry... it's just a few months away!

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Rick and Chris, I think I will be sneaking down there this weekend if not sooner! :grin:

TH you know it buddy, I am really looking forward to getting a ride in your new baby on the Rogue when the time is right too :cheers:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Sent you a pm shane. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
llabwolg :cheers:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I am looking forward to having to guys down...
We have actually changed our plans a bit... well actually a lot! I will be making the big announcement Monday evening when we sign the deal. It's going to be an incredible "new ride" and I mean incredible!

The best part of this entire process came Sunday morning when a good friend bought my boat! I was worried someone out of the area would buy it and I'd never see her again! But John fishes the same fisheries that I do and I'll see her on the water all the time :smile: :smile:

I'll give yu a hint on the new ride...

24'x78"
complete custom order!
all the goodies (except TR-1) sorry Pete not this year
and the company that I have worked with over the last three weeks has gone above and beyond their call of duty to put this package together for us!
We couldn't be happier, so after work Monday I'll be inking some paper, and getting it in line for production and a mid-late Feb. delivery date......

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:dance: :shocked: :dance: :shocked: :dance:

You're sending shivers up my spine TH... let me be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts