IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at windshield boats in the 18-20' range and saw the new Revenge with a upgradable prop and windshield anybody have one or looked at them.
NR usually put's out good stuff.
Fire :cheers:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I looked really hard at the boat and sportsman show. It only handles a 40 prop or a 60 pump. That seems pretty underpowered as I have been told. My father and I decided that the revenge cannot do anything a little smokercraft could'nt do. At twice the price. There has to be other opinions on this, but to me it seems a little narrow, expensive and underpowered. Hey at least it's a Northriver :sleep:

Mike H.

[ 04-26-2003, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Bankbound ]

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have a 17.5 foot Revenge with a 40 HP prop. I have to dis-agree with Bankbound on a couple of things. They are actually rated for a 60 HP prop now. I don't what pump they would be rated for. With just myself on board, it will run 35 MPH and with 3 on board 30 MPH. The hull only weighs 875 pounds (800 pounds for the 16 foot). With a 60 HP pump, I think it would be fine.

Second, with a beam of 82 inches, I believe it to be quite a bit wider than a Smokercraft. I looked very closely at both boats. Both are well built and get the job they were designed for done. The Northriver is fully welded and uses thicker aluminum than the Smokercraft. The Northriver can also be used as a sled, as long as it has a pump.

I do beleive the Northriver to be a little more money, but I certainly didn't pay anywhere near twice as much as the Smokercraft. The Smokercraft I looked at was a 16 foot Lodge with a 25 HP prop. The extra 1 1/2 foot the Northriver offered makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have a 16 foot tiller revenge, 40hp honda and i get 35mph solo 29mph with 3 guys and gear. My brother ordered the windshield model with 90/65 yamaha pump so the horsepower is there. Also you cannot compare a smokercraft to a welded boat, i upgraded from a lodge to the revenge and there is no comparison. Better ride, alot tougher and its welded so resale will be much better. And i no longer get the tinny slap sound in small chop conditions due to the thin aluminum on the smokercraft.Hey at least its a north river ;)I must have missed an argument, deleted post maybe? :shrug:

[ 04-26-2003, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: fisherdan ]

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I saw one here in Corvallis at Southside Marine the other day...didn't look to long though.

[ 04-28-2003, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: FrogPond ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts