IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fishordie,
we go there fairly often,my preferded method...long line a fly.just a fly on light leader,send it out about 100' and "kabam".
spruce fly's are our standard this time of year.
good luck & give us a report.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hawg Caller,
just want to make sure I understand this.
Tie a fly to, let's say 4lb. mono, and just let it out behind the boat?
I think my kids would get a kick out of seeing them jump at the bait. :grin:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Fish or Die,
I have had the best luck where you stated, along with the eastside (or northside depending on how you look at it) of the island.
My best luck has been with a green wedding ring, flashers (I haven't noticed much difference with the different one's I have) and a worm on the end of the hook. I troll as slow as my boat will go and usually catch some fish.
Someday, I want to put some time in and try to catch some of the bigger fish in that lake. My kids get a little bored though.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I've done well within a hundreds yards of the log boom at the dam during the hot months. The water in the past has been a few degrees cooler there and many fish are seen at 20-30 ft. Of course I would use a Needlefish by itself on the downrigger(but that's just me!)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am headed upto Detroit Lake this weekend. I have my usual little pockets to fish the upper end of the lake, up brightenbush or the upper santiam, but was wondering if any of you have any suggestions on what to try where.

Thanks,

FOD

·
Registered
516 Posts
If you have a boat I would launch at Mongold and head straight across the lake and fish between the point you will see to your left to the mouth of the arm in 100-150 feet of water. We used lake trolls with 2 oz of weight/wedding ring tipped with worm and corn at 30-50 pulls. We had a slow morning by the island and moved to that area to tube. I was marking a lot of fish and talked everyone into letting me fish for about 45 minutes and it proved to be more productive than the island.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Last month I took three teenagers to Detroit.
We limited out all of them in two hours using a 1/2oz banana sinker, five feet of leader and a gold colored triple teaser on the shady side of the Blowout Creek Arm. It was afternoon and we were in about 20 feet of water. Troll SLOWLY along the bank.

Good Luck,
Mike!

[ 07-22-2003, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: mike5097 ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts