IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed address on October 14.

Need to fill out the paperwork for damn firearms background check.

Of course ID doesn't match official DMV mailing address.

Received nothing via email when I changed it.

Went ahead and ordered an updated physical license, FFL said that receipt should work. Nope, never got a receipt via email (and its correct in my online account).

Also renewed truck registration at same time. Nope, no receipt for that either.

Online DMV help response is projected to be 18-21 days.

Waited on hold for 20 minutes this morning before I had to get off.

Anyone dealt with this situation recently?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,249 Posts
Been waiting since August for title and plates on my trailer. Took a pic on my phone of the application prior to mailing. That will need to serve until DMV gets around to sending the stuff.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Bought a new to me truck in May from out of state, paper work was submitted and I have yet to receive anything. Waiting on tags and new Oregon plates. I tried calling twice and have up on long hold times. I’ve got pics on my phone and insurance info just in case. Nothing else I can do.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
First.......we always printed the final screen to submit with 4473s.....it should have a confirmation number. May be able to print what they have for a current record on line also

Bought boat in April sent trailer paperwork, late October got paperwork back saying there was a late fee that I would need to submit since they did not process until August ( what happened between August as they state and them mailing back in October is still a ?) Sent it back with a less than kind letter explaining that I filled my part by sending and they can do something not nice with their late fee.......no response yet

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Changed address on October 14.

Need to fill out the paperwork for damn firearms background check.

Of course ID doesn't match official DMV mailing address.

Received nothing via email when I changed it.

Went ahead and ordered an updated physical license, FFL said that receipt should work. Nope, never got a receipt via email (and its correct in my online account).

Also renewed truck registration at same time. Nope, no receipt for that either.

Online DMV help response is projected to be 18-21 days.

Waited on hold for 20 minutes this morning before I had to get off.

Anyone dealt with this situation recently?

Needed a new license, didn’t want to wait months for local DMV. Made a next day appointment in Burns. Worth the drive

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Bought a motorcycle in April and needed plates...just got them last week...same with boat trailer plates from May lol.

I needed to renew my license...waited on hold for 40 minutes for someone to finally answer, click a button, and all be...my license is in the mail.

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Needed a new license, didn’t want to wait months for local DMV. Made a next day appointment in Burns. Worth the drive
This is perfect. Made an appointment for tomorrow morning in Burns!!!

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Some one took my front license plate. :palm: I think Im going to grab my shot gun and fishing pole and head to burns :meme:

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some one took my front license plate. :palm: I think Im going to grab my shot gun and fishing pole and head to burns :meme:
John Day also has many open appointment slots

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Many Dmv locations have walk in times. We have experience doing that at North Salem and Lake Oswego recently.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
I also bought a new truck (out of state) in June and still have nothing but a 3 day expired trip permit. Got letter last month saying I need to pay my "New Car Privilege Tax" (which I did in August on Line and have proof). Sent it in and still have heard nothing from them. I tried calling numerous times (other locations also) and get same message. I have no title, no registration. It is as my truck does not even exist. If I needed to sell it who would buy it with no title??? Very odd times to say the least. Will see how long this goes on with so called grace period. I did get a appointment back in July for a Vin inspection and that took 5 minutes and I thought I was moving in right direction.

·
Premium Member
17,249 Posts
I also bought a new truck (out of state) in June and still have nothing but a 3 day expired trip permit. Got letter last month saying I need to pay my "New Car Privilege Tax" (which I did in August on Line and have proof). Sent it in and still have heard nothing from them. I tried calling numerous times (other locations also) and get same message. I have no title, no registration. It is as my truck does not even exist. If I needed to sell it who would buy it with no title??? Very odd times to say the least. Will see how long this goes on with so called grace period. I did get a appointment back in July for a Vin inspection and that took 5 minutes and I thought I was moving in right direction.
Did you take a picture of the VIN form? That's your proof until DMV gets around to sending your docs & plate.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
And yet, I'm sure the entire DMV workforce is getting paid as usual.

So the offices are closed for most everything except new or renewal licenses--by appointment only. What the heck are all the employees that normally man those offices, in enough numbers to take are of business, doing? If you can apply for, fill out papers, send in papers for other things, why can't those employees be tasked with those requests? Those requests should be processing faster than ever it seems to me.

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And yet, I'm sure the entire DMV workforce is getting paid as usual.

So the offices are closed for most everything except new or renewal licenses--by appointment only. What the heck are all the employees that normally man those offices, in enough numbers to take are of business, doing? If you can apply for, fill out papers, send in papers for other things, why can't those employees be tasked with those requests? Those requests should be processing faster than ever it seems to me.
I believe much of it is directly related to the antiquated computer system?

Sound familiar?

·
Premium Member
17,249 Posts
I believe much of it is directly related to the antiquated computer system?

Sound familiar?

KATU report July 13, 2020...

"Last week, DMV officials announced they had just finished a massive systems upgrade. The state agency said it cost about $90 million and took several years."

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
KATU report July 13, 2020...

"Last week, DMV officials announced they had just finished a massive systems upgrade. The state agency said it cost about $90 million and took several years."
Wonder if we are simply dealing with the backlog now......or the massive update, since it took years, is already obsolete?

·
Premium Member
17,249 Posts
Wonder if we are simply dealing with the backlog now......or the massive update, since it took years, is already obsolete?

Having experience with state systems upgrades, and how they are acquired and implemented, I suspect they are still trying to debug it. The state normally goes live prior to beta testing. Give it 6 months to a year to be marginally functional. Oregon tends to pave the cow path and keep all the failings of the replaced system.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts