IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I ask is I have a customer coming over from Yakima with his two sons to camp next week and I promised him a fishing trip. I don't have the boat to go out in the ocean so I thought I could go out and catch and release Sturgeon. There staying in Astoria so wanted to stay close. Any suggestions? Will there be any gators still around? Thanks for your info. I wish they were coming after August 1st. :depressed:

·
Registered
846 Posts
About a week ago, the charters out of Ilwaco were fishing catch and release sturgeon on Fridays and Saturdays as salmon fishing is shut down on those days. The boats were averaging between a 100 and 175 fish per trip. Charter skipper said by 11:00, most clients were begging off catching any more fish. They were just too tired. Lots of legal size fish. Heard that a tourist from the Seattle area was stopped by the law on Sunday evening headed back up to the city, towing his boat. State police found "legal sturgeon " in his fish box....Big ticket for that, I'll bet,,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! :shocked: Thanks for the info Slugranch. Sounds like I'll take them out to catch and release Sturgeon. We will be out there on Monday next week so if any of you ifishers are out there say hi. I'll be on channel 68.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Somebody had Salmon and Sturgeon in the boat at the Warretnon Launch last Saturday. The cops were there for some time. Wonder how much that double header cost em?

You would think that if you go out of the CR on a nice flat Saturday morning and there is NOBODY else fishing it might make you think. We saw a boat who was obviousley trolling South of the CR as we ran out at 6 or so.
He musta done real well then stopped in to get some Sturg for the freezer before heading home. :hoboy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts