IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
119,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd take a minute and thank Bob Barthlow for joining the Washington Guides on Ifish.net!

Thanks, Bob! He has been a member of ifish for a long time!

Anyone fish with Bob? I'd like to!

Here is his website!

Fish with him, and let's hear some reports! I want to go, too! :smile:

Welcome to ifish, Bob! And thank you for supporting our fishing banter here on ifish! :smile:

Let's see some new pictures!
Jen

[ 04-22-2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
909 Posts
Fished with him last saturday . We got 2 nice 14 pound springers at wind river. Fun day on the water and a great lunch. I am planning another trip soon.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I fished with Bob the last weekend in March and got this 25# springer..

I will be fishing with Bob again on the May 1st cant wait.. :grin:
Anyone that hasnt fished with Bob needs to book a trip today!
Bob will put you into fish. With the best gear money can buy...

And a BBQ'd lunch that you will never forget.. :grin:

Not only will you catch fish but Bob is great to sit and chat with.And a very knowledgable fisherman.

Bob has a first class guide service!

Thanks Bob!

[ 04-22-2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Timber Man ]

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Geez Jennie, Where in the heck did you find this guy?

My friend, Geo "Whiterod" and I booked a trip with Bob last Friday the 18th and met him on the Wind River.

I have to say I was very impressed that he was early and waiting for us. Yes, we were early too!!

We got in his boat which is about as nice and clean as any I have ever been in. Then looking at his gear I also had an eye full. The very best, G Loomis all around with Shimano Calcuttas. This is a first class guide service. My buddy George wanted to use his whiterod but it was not allowed. Now I know why!!!!!!!! :depressed:

We started fishing at first light and my buddy George "Whiterod" starts us out with a nice Springer. He had a bit of a problem landing it but he is a cracker and his knees shake quite a bit too!!! :wink:

Then after a bit later I got into one. It looked like we were is the right spot most of the day. :grin:

Bob is a great guide with the best gear and boat you'll ever see and also is a great guy just to shoot the breeze with when the bite is off.

We hope to be able to go with Bob again in the future.

His lunch he barbequed for us at break time was very yummie! I told him to raise his prices. Just to good of a deal..

Thank you,

fop

[ 04-22-2003, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: fop ]

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Jennie, thanks so much for letting me become part of Washington Guides on ifish.net

I'm in great company with the likes of Chris Sessions(who I don't know, but heard lot's of good things about) and Clancy Holt, who I have known and looked upto for over 15 years...and all the top Oregon Guides on ifish.net

I fish most of the Washington state Columbia river tribs, from the Yakima river to the Cowlitz river for Salmon and Steelhead.

I'll be around as much as I've always been,( I post under the moniker Rapid Robert) giving my .2 cents of advise. If you have any questions on whats going on where I fish, please ask.

Thanks again Jennie, and thanks to my customers and friends for their nice posts on this thread...I'll get even :cheers:

[ 04-22-2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

·
Registered
241 Posts
The one thing that would make his boat look alot nicer would be to lose that kitty sticker off the bow... :smile:

Good luck Robert, always enjoyed your input (except on topics relating to the Dawgs, clearly something no Coug knows anything about).

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hey Bob, I didn't see you sunday? You didn't miss much at the Wind. It was SLOW!!! Did you fish Drano? Talk to ya later, Kyle

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Give it up, PD. RR went as far as to adorn his boat with Cougar colors and stuff, so he's obviously too far gone to talk any sense to. :grin:

Cougs may not be any good at football, but RR is one Coug who fishes with the best of them. :bowdown:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went fishing with bob on the 4th of april and had a great time. I would highly recommend him he really knows his stuff. Also you can't beat that hot bbq lunch he provide's.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I've fished and barbequed with and alongside Bob several times. All I can say is "He's a class act who will get you into fish with the best of them". In my book, there isn't a better guide or person out there.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Wow 3 dawgs in a row, and it is'nt even Applecup :tongue:
Hey Predator Dawg, are you going to Cowtilla June 21st?

DanS was gonna fish with me & Os (2 dawgs :shocked: in the Coug boat) and Timber @ Cowtilla, but has a date to go watch Opra with the wife while in the Windy city. :grin:

Snit, I took off Easter to be home, glad I missed a slow day.

[ 04-23-2003, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Man, if you can catch a fish for George Rose you gotta be good! Just kidding George. It must of been a hand off. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
but has a date to go watch Opra with the wife while in the Windy city.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Man.....he TOLD you that?!? That's supposed to be top-secret. :wink:

I'm STILL going to make it into that purrrdy boat of your some day, RR.......even if you make me wear a Coug shirt to get on board. :grin:

·
Registered
241 Posts
RR, first I've heard of the June festivities. I may make it down, always enjoy the boat races on the Cow. Here is the Dawg boat that will be parked next to your Coug boat if I make it (pic from last weekend on the C);

And yes, the little guy (pictured with Grandpa) is a future Dawg as well. If he even mentions WSU I'll take away his fishing privileges. :grin:

[ 04-23-2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Predator Dawg ]

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Bob, hopefully you found some "golden eggs" (calcuttas) hidden under the bushes! My wife and I are headed down to the Wind friday night. Are you fishin' this weekend at the Wind? Hope to see ya there. snit

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hi there RR RR RR!

Have not fished with Bob yet, but he is on my top 2 list of guys to fish with. :cheers:

·
Registered
385 Posts
How does that go?

My Dawgs bigger then yer Dawg... :tongue:

I shall not dis the coug boat for it has got me into many fish!! :grin:

GO COUGS! :smile:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts