IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking the family to Diamond lake for vacation and some fishing. Dose anyone have any tips on fishing? I called the marina and got a few tips but I want to maximize our efforts. Any help you have is appreciated. I will post pic's when we return if we get some BIG FISH.

If anyone is heading that way in the next couple of weeks let me know maybe we can meet up.

G

·
Klamath Lake chubs have hurt the fishing but there is Williamson river redband trout and chinook in the lake to try to reduce their numbers. A big spoon or Rapalla like plug should work on them. I don't fish this lake but I do know it is shallow so with little structure. I would troll the deeper water in the mornings and evenings. :smile: Goof off with the family mid day :smile:

PS:
Let us know how you do :grin:

[ 08-11-2003, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Keta ]

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was there in mid-July and the only success we had was the shallows with worms on the complete opposite end from the marina. But they were only 8-10 inch. We caught as many chub as you wanted with worms right off the bank. Didn't have any success pulling flashers ourselves, but I did see a bird flying with a fish that was attached to a string of flashers (no joke) so they worked for someone, then the bird took over!

Good luck

·
Premium Member
22,318 Posts
A friend just returned from there and trolled triple teasers in the deeper part of the lake off the resort.
My best luck last time I was there was with one of the resort officials who anchored in the shallow end off Silent Creek (south end) on one of the channels through the weeds. You can see the sand...kind of like canals. anchor both ends of the boat and cast into one of the canals with a nightcrawler threaded on a hook and up the line. Then, on the tip of the hook, skewer on a red marshmallow. It floats it up off the bottom. I think we were using about 18 inches of leader. The boat has to be very still, though...early morning was good.

G

·
A freind at work just went over for 4 days and got home on monday. I coments were the fishing was great. They had a few break the line and caught a few 22-26 inchers he said weighed 4-5 pound. They started throwing them back if they were under 14. Saw the pictures and they were nice fish. He said the all were caught on power bait(green) and night crawlers tiped with shrimp flavor eggs. Good lock on your trip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts