IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is where Im suppose to camp and was woundering what it is like? How is the launch, is it primative camp spot, is it busy, nearest bait shop, and how long of a run to the Astoria Bridge by boat.
Thanks guys,
Mike

·
Registered
270 Posts
You definitely picked the right spot, good luck. I love it down there, you always have good water coming in. You dont have to go into that nasty chop on the way back into Chinook.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IF i could study my college classes as hard as i study fishing i could be the next Bill Gates. Thanks guys for the replays and keep them coming.
10 miles to the bridge seems kind of far. How far is the Astoria Bridge from Chinook?

3,497 Posts
Deep River is a nice place to camp, primitive but very open. It is usually very quite and there will be bait available at the shack where you pay to camp a couple of miles down the road. The launce is a single lane and the general rule is not to drop people off on the bank on your return. They want you to line up in the water , come to the ramp when it is your turn, then go get your tow vehicle (it can be very upsetting when it is busy, but others will have a fit if you don't follow this rule), other than the launch it is a nice place and the launch is ok. Remember you MUST follow the channel markers or you will run aground. I cannot stress enough to stay in the markers. It is a 10 mile run from the mouth of Deep river to the bridge, hope this helps you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts