IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're going to East Lake over the 4th, Yes I know there is a 5 fish limit , probably will catch and release more than I can eat anyway. Please give me a report if ya been there lately.

·
Registered
132 Posts
East lake and Palinua(spelling) are pretty much next to each other. if your going the 4th im sure there will be a few people there. You can jig for kookanee or go down to the bottom with a hollow sinker and nightcrawlers and marshmallows and you can catch some huge rainbows. Later in the year you can get some big Browns out of there. only bad thing i know about East lake is when the wind comes up "get the hell off the lake"...its unbealiveable you cant hold a line at all. there are many other ways to fish this is the way i did it because my aunt and uncle are old timers there and they caught some pretty nice trout this way. even with the 5 fish limit if you play it right they should be real healthy fish...hope this helps

·
Registered
285 Posts
Gary wolfer
Paulina has been better than East lake. I live in lapine and have been fishing paulina the last 2 weeks not to bad. will be a lot of fisherman this weekend I dont fish weekends. laketrolls and koanee killers & corn. hope this helps.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Gary, East also has the Mercury warning. I fish mainly Paulina. Work the Kokes with Buzz Bombs 2"
or 40 nordics. You need a finder to get them. Look for the schools of them and fish in the middle of them. Troll when you see them dimpling the surface early(Sunrise) or late in the day.
Use the corn (Shoepeg)behind what ever trolling
rig. I prefer ford fenders but thats just me.
Have fun and good luck
Trouttroller.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Gary, Brain Fart. #25 Nordics not 40. Thinking salmon again.
Trouttroller

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your imput, I do like fishing east lake it is beautiful but I have to laugh about the wind. 2 years ago I camped in the campground at the end of the road and tied my boat up(12' valco) on the beach to the south of the last dock. the wind wasn't terribly strong but kept blowing the boat back to shore I couldn't get it by other boats anchored to the shoreline to get to deep enough water to set the motor down and rowing and poling around the other boats didn't work either I decided from now on I will pay to park boat at slip at the lodge or camp at the south campground . lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts