IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
I think three rivers itself is closed. The mouth could be okay for summers though.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Closed from the hatch down to the mouth till Oct.1 if memory serves me right. Get a synopsis and check it out to be sure.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Three rivers is closed from Mouth to Hatchery weir...everything else is open to clipped steel only. Not worth the drive as theres no water in the river anyway. Not a bad time to scout holes for winter fishing. Fall nooks open Oct 1st.

Upstream from the Hatch you might find some spooky native steel, and youll definately find some big dark deathly looking spring nooks ready to spawn. The folks at the hatchery said theyve been recylcling fish UPSTREAM a few times recently to see if they will swim down (?) good luck getting them to bite though.

I was at the mouth at sunset the other day and kicked myself for leaving the camera home. Watched a whole bunch of big pre-spawn nooks struggle through the shallows (couple inches tops) to get upstream. What a sight!

Steels are taking flies on the Nestuc. (Ill surely get harassed for sharing this, the topwater bite just got hot)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Just to clear this up:

The folks at the hatchery said theyve been recylcling fish UPSTREAM a few times recently to see if they will swim down (?)
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">The folks at the hatchery recycled fish UPSTREAM on the Nestucca, NOT Three Rivers itself. They released a bunch into the "Rock Hole" just below the town of Beaver.

No hatchery fish are released above the wier on Three Rivers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts