IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fishing near the mouth of the Sandy last weekend and only saw light pressure and few fish caught. Has anybody been up there this week? My parents are coming from out of town to fish and I'm looking for a spot to go. Relatively new at fishing the CR. Are folks targeting coho more than chinook these days? What's the best method?

Many thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I would head to Tilly for salmon rather than go out of Chinook Landing. Otherwise, I would take them gator fishing. At least you can guarantee some action doing that - if not a keeper.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
with all this rain will it be blown out by the muddy water from the sandy? wanted to try it tommorow in the am will have to see...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I bet the Sturgeon will be looking for anything yummy coming out of the tribs.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I bet the Sturgeon will be looking for anything yummy coming out of the tribs.
I have hooked oversized at the mouth of the Sandy this time of year...

There will be Big-uns at the mouth of the tribs for sure....(Sturgeon) They will eat anything !

MrDorkfish

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Fished across from the park up to the mouth of the sandy for a good 4 hours, saw 3 fish boated a couple lost. We went 0 for 0 go figure, most fish caught on bank across from park near the barge parked over there seemed to be getting them on pink wiggle warts. Lots of rain water was not to bad except by the mouth of the sandy really muddy.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I want to go out again this week. I was going to put the boat in winter storage but now im waiting another week or two what date would you say it would become useless to try out there anymore?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Sturgeon fished on Sunday, noon to 5:00. A dozen undersize below the island and near the sand bar. Smelt. Nice weather!!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
If you look at the numbers for Coho...they have jumped up ! You can troll anywhere in the Columbia and near tribs and pick off Coho. If I get out this week in the PM i'll post a report.

MrDorkfish

1 - 9 of 9 Posts