IFish.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could have any rod you wanted for salmon fishing. What would it be? I'm getting a new rod blank for x-mas. I just gotta point out the one I want. Thinking of a rod that I can use for springer fishing, and maybe a shallow water sturgeon rod out of a boat.

I appreciate your input.

Kris

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I guess if I could only have one rod it would be a Loomis 1084, great all around rod.

RR.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Loomis SAR1265C

I like long sticks...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Take a look at Setyr rods. They're a small manufacturer with some sweet graphite, pick and choose. Go to www.setyrrods.com Tillamook Sprting Goods is a dealer according to the web site. They've got a great selection for most any technique.

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
I think I want a Lami CST 12989 spey rod :bigshock:
or a Lami Ti2000 Titanium/IM700 rp

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Before you buy, get ahold of TH Custom Rods, an Ifish sponsor. Great people to deal with. They will custom wrap a rod to your specifications and it won't break the bank. Pricing typically comes in at slightly less than a G Loomis GL2 and for quality of materials, workmanship and performance, I'd put them against the much more expensive GL3 any day.

I have an HS1025C, made with a Rainshadow RX7 graphite blank, for salmon drift fishing. Excellent durability and sensitivity. They will also wrap a rod for you from Loomis, lamiglas, Rogue or most any other commercially available quality blank. They don't make junk, that's for sure. Good stuff!

And no, I'm not on the payroll, just a satisfied customer who owns 3 of them and couldn't be more pleased.

DW

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ask TH about a IMB944. Springer to Sturgeon is a bit of a stretch but this blank could perform both duties. Rainshadow RX7.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Gloomis hsr 983 one piece..

for light sturgies and great for any salmon fishing. 8'2" 14 to 30 line rating a great rod for all those applications.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
If I had to pick any rod for all around fishing - Lamiglas XCF 864. Just wish they'd put a trigger on the dang thing.

Any rod I want, period - Lamiglas TBC86ML.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Lamiglas 1065
This rod has changed my life, improved my boat fuel economy 15%, and restored the hearing in my right ear. Seriously though, best boat rod I have ever bought for kwikies and wobblers. Can't wait to try this with prawn-spinners for springers.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Lamiglas Certified Pro 6-15 JC. Favorite rod I've ever owned. Catches big and small. :smash:

JD

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have to second the 983. I use it for all of my boat salmon fishing and 90 percent of my sturgeon fishing. Fourteen even landed a six foot sturgeon earlier in the year on his!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts