IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how the Clackamas is doing for salmon or steelhead.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Me too. Im floating it tomorrow and driving up from Eugene. Wondering if I should float the lower or upper? Email me privately if you have to. I won't take your favorite hole just want to know where the fish are. Please help. Z

·
Registered
499 Posts
I don't believe in all this zipper lip, hush, hush stuff. I've fished the Clack the last two days. It's got good flow. The water is clear enough to see the bottom in 8ft of water. Two long line releases and 5 solid take downs for my efforts. Other fishermen I've spoken with have reported some of the same results with a few Springers in the mix. Today I fished above and below Carver. Counted 5 sleds and 4 drift boats. Saw 3 nice bright fish lost. Two at the wall above Carver and 1 two drifts below Carver. Diver/Tadpolly and Sandshrimp looked to be the biter's bait of choice. Hope this helps. SPACE.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Space......wow some real info from an ifisher. Maybe things are looking up. Hope you don't get in trouble. Let me know if you want to ever fish the Mckenzie or Middle fork of the willamette. I've been doing very well considering the low numbers of fish in the system. Zman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts