IFish.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would go for the record "WORSE SPELLING EVER" here on ifish. :grin:

Just curious if anyone has been fishing this week and if any Coho are being caught in the river. I know you guys are getting them in the Ocean, but this captain and his my 18 foot boat are not experienced enough to cross the bar.

A big Chinook or two a day is fun too, but I sure love the hectic fishing of a hot Silver bite! :shocked:

I just fear this is shaping up to be a repeat of last year...

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Now that's funny, Bounty Hunter. I too have been cringing every time I see booy, boey, booy, bouie, etc. I think these folks should just say "red tin can with a 10 on it" I mean, how hard is it to spell booiey, er buey....

·
Registered
13,613 Posts
The netters did mostly chinooks. With the bigger tides this week, it should be time.

Mark and the deogiee.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Today was a bust for me, 2 Coho, 1 lost, 1 released saw about 10 - 15 others . I did see a a couple of guys drop their gillnet boat & trailer on the ramp at the tackle time luanch. they tried for a half hour to pull it out on a jury rigged trailer with nothing but tire spin due to the way the boat was on the trailer.Then as I was pulling onto my trailer, the whole thing , trailer & all, came off the truck. It stood up on end & skidded down the ramp, dragging by he transom & stopped 2' from my boat. The wave picked up my boat & slammed it down onto our trailer, no harm to us. I couldn't see the rear damage , but I bet his outdrive is gone & guaging from the two wide, white fiberglass stripes it left on the ramp, there are probably very large holes in his transom.

[ 08-13-2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Streetwalker ]

·
Registered
300 Posts
Originally posted by Streetwalker:
Today was a bust for me, 2 Coho, 1 lost, 1 released saw about 10 - 15 others . I did see a a couple of guys drop their gillnet boat & trailer on the ramp at the tackle time luanch. they tried for a half hour to pull it out on a jury rigged trailer with nothing but tire spin due to the way the boat was on the trailer.Then as I was pulling onto my trailer, the whole thing , trailer & all, came off the truck. It stood up on end & skidded down the ramp, dragging by he transom & stopped 2' from my boat. The wave picked up my boat & slammed it down onto our trailer, no harm to us. I couldn't see the rear damage , but I bet his outdrive is gone & guaging from the two wide, white fiberglass stripes it left on the ramp, there are probably very large holes in his transom.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">= "a good start".

·
Registered
50 Posts
2 of us fished right around Buoy l0 on wednesday 8-l3. A lot of late tide action. We came home with 2 nice-sized chinook and 1 smaller silver. Went through a lot of bait (plugged herring, whole anchovies, diver, fish flash, l2 pulls) and released about l5 (fifteen!) silvers due to size or fin. In that sense it was a frustrating day. We trolled fairly fast. Calm river, a lot of wind.

Ed C.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Does anyone know how the ocean quota is going? Seems like with all these daily limits of coho, it's going to be "that time" pretty soon.

·
Premium Member
22,112 Posts
I'll add the columbia river quota to my central coast story tomorrow. I think it's still a good bit under 50 percent, though...

·
Registered
22,363 Posts
Lost Sailor not even close. The first part of the season limits were a little tougher to come by. The ocean will remain open. The fish are showing a little later this year than in the past. Fishing has really picked up outside but has'nt really got started inside.

REPORT: Pop's and Duckcall did the CR yesterday. Pop's scored a 30lb nook and an 8lb coho. Duckcall scored two very fat coho weight unverified. Pop's lost another big nook due to tackle failure. Seem the beedchain broke at the top of the fish flash. :mad: All the more reason to change those before you fish them. The factory ones are junk.

Ocean was nice.

Fishin Eddie and Texas Rig are over there as well today. He promised to report in. Pop's will report in later this afternoon.

·
Registered
79 Posts
my personal b10 report for today. I had 2 strikes! ya, the strike fishing was ok. saw a couple nets fly. fished washington sode of b10, oregon side all the way up to warrenton. Plenty of bait fish all around...... not many other boats out today. wind got bad at about 1300 hours.overall impression; still very slow. maybe a little better than dead at least.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
8-14-03
Fish B10 today. 5 rods. Fished area up by bridge from 7:30 til 10:00 18 pulls. Nota. Headed out to B 10 fished 10 to 14 pulls, 2 chinook in the box 4 clipped hohos, 3 jacks, 2 wild hoho. All of these fish came between B 10 & B 12. Fished high flood on the Oregon side missed 2 @ 18 pulls. We used divers of different colors and cut plugs. Fish checker said he counted 40 fish for 40 boats. @ 5"00 pm. all in all not a bad day.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Headed out to B 10 fished 10 to 14 pulls, 2 chinook in the box 4 clipped hohos, 3 jacks, 2 wild hoho .
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Those hoho's are wild! Thats why I stick with the Hostess Cupcakes :grin:

Fool :cheers:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Things are really heating up down there... I have a great report to give but I am too tired and I will be back in the AM :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Fished Wednesday. Hit big blue in the AM. 26 coho to the boat with three keepers. Hit 10 around 12:00 with no action. Moved to the Wash. side between Ilwaco and Chinook and broght 6 more coho to the boat with 1 keeper.

Total for the day. 32 fish landed - 4 keepers - 72 bait used. Back next week to chase smiley !

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Wow, that's great. It's much less intense on the inside when those who can go out have gone out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'll try to squeeze in a quick report before 5-CENTS wakes up.

Three of us fished between #10 and # 12 yesterday. We got to 10 about 10am. and wern't fishng more than abut 15 minutes when I got a bite, which ended up with about a 15 lb coho in the boat. Not long after that we had a small wild coho to the boat, followed by another hatchery coho on my rod. I had my limit by about 11:15 as we were following the rip towards # 12. My partner's wife - her first trip to the mouth- got her first hatcherly coho about 10:45. Things went kind of slow for us for awhile, but we saw quite a few nets in the air most of the time. We started fishing the rip between #11 & # 12 and we ended up with two nice chinook. My buddy's about 25lbs, and of course his wife had to show us up with one about 35-40lbs. The wind was pretty strong, so we decided it wasn't worth it trying anylonger for "casper", so we called in a GREAT day and got off the river. All of our fish were caught on plug cut herring. I was useing a small diver, and they were useing about 4oz kidney sinkers.

Tight lines to all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts