IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I need some help. I have two 15 foot long fiberglass poles Im going to set up for outriggers for Tuna fishing. I need someone with a metal lathe to turn some aluminum inserts that I will glue into the base end and into the tip.

The base inserts will be about a foot long by 2 inches diameter and tapered, with a 1/2 inch NPT threaded hole in the middle. The tip inserts will be about 6 inches long and pointed.

If I had a small metal lathe I would do it myself, but I dont.

Anyone?

UG

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
So....uh...not talkin to me after the shad thing huh?

I can handle it for yah next week. Oh mighty one.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already owe YOU one for the sandblast gig... wasnt sure I wanted to be into ya for TWO favors... Oh wait, you picked up my motor for me and hauled it back from darn near Canada... Which would be THREE big favors.... :wink:

OK then, I guess im gonna owe you another one... :bowdown:

Im sure this is gonna cost me someday....

Thanks Bruce

UG

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
Oh Baby,

UGLY SHAD ON!!

Wonder what I can parlay this into

I'll be down at the machine shop next week. I may have an unexcused absence on Monday morning, depending on how tomorrow goes.

Sketch up somthin.

Later

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Hi UG,
I can also help if you need someone to turn things. They don't mind us doing Government jobs as they like to build boats there themselves.

:smile: Smily :smile:

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I can get you some really good precise Starrett tools to measure that stuff with so you know it is correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts