IFish.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone at all is fishing the lower river (inside) yet? I plan to head down this weekend to at least be able to say I fished it once this year. Any report at all would be appreciated and you can pm me if you like.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I went to the ocean on Friday and Sunday....and I only saw a handful of boats fishing inside....I did see someone get a hookup yesterday right at the can.....it might be about time to fish inside....?!?!?!?.....

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
BRING 'EM ON:bigshock: I'm so pumped to get some fish in the bay. Some of the funnest days of my life have been in the bay this time of year and I want another one! FishHunter is gonna put us on a good one next weekend:yay:
JD

·
Registered
214 Posts
I was wondering if anyone at all is fishing the lower river (inside) yet? I plan to head down this weekend to at least be able to say I fished it once this year. Any report at all would be appreciated and you can pm me if you like.

Thanks!
I fished there at ten on sunday. It was slow accept for the chinook I had to throw back. I saw one other chinook hooked and released. Any day they should be there. I just hope I can get back out there in my fifteen footer. It was beautiful on sunday.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I was coming back across the bar yesterday on flood and look over to see a Pig Chinook surfacing right next to us. My brother inlaw looked at me and said it should be good in a couple of weeks inside.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i will be heading down on thursday, to fish the bouy 10 area, i will post a report on friday morning.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Went out on Sunday....No lines at either Warrenton or Hammond launches. Bar was calm for us...and the ocean was nice too. Trolled from Bouy 2 to the CR bouy. Tons of action....with a couple double hookups....caught 22 fish ALL shakers except for 2 nice native coho and one keeper chinook. So we trolled for 7 hours and had a blast....even tho we only had one keeper to show for it. At least half the fish we caught were undersized chinook and those were caught in the Bouy 2 area. We did head south out in front of Seaside for a couple of hours but the action wasnt as good for us there so we headed back to the CR bouy. Didnt see but half a dozen boats or so fishing the river and no one fishing Bouy 10 area. We'll be out there again on Friday and Sunday....and we wont be fishing the river if the ocean and bar conditions allow us to get out there again.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Oh!!!! If you order fresh bait at Warrenton or Hammond....heads up. The fresh herring are small and soft.....heard tons of radio chatter from people who ran out of bait. So order extra....I went out with 3 dozen for two poles and ran out....next time I'll order 5.

·
Registered
104 Posts
no report for bouy 10 except for seeing a few boats near hammond on our way in from the big blue. didn't see any nets flying as we cruised by. as a side note about the bait, we had equal or better success trolling chovies, who knows that could be the bait of choice inside this year ecspecially if the fresh herring is in limited or bad condition:twocents:

oh yeah, we :smash: our limit in a few hours s. of the C.R. bouy after picking through a bunch of natives and dinkers

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
Fished SE of CR buoy Friday and fishing partner went out Monday.
Limits after releasing several unclipped fish most of which appeared to be of hatchery origin.
Used small chunks of herring with a hoochie behind dodgers. Seemed to work as well as whole herring or plugs.
Saw no one fishing inside.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I'll most likely hit a Friday or Saturday down there this week if eveything pans out. It's the last couple weeks of August and it should start popping anyday I would think?

I too will post if I go.

·
Registered
18,455 Posts
Received an email about the most recent creel survey... something like 24 boats checked and 57 anglers.... ZERO harvest!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Only saw one boat on the way past B10 on Sunday & one boat at the bridge on the drive home. Man that river was flat coming in - not many days you can put the hammer down at the mouth...

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Just a heads up to guys fishing outside the CR, and inside for that matter.

Bait is not necessary! You are wasting money!

Buy yourselves some coyote spoons, or make some spinners up. Just make sure to use siwash hooks and pinch the barbs in the ocean. Coho will slam the spoons and spinners just as fast as bait, and if they don't stick on the first bite, you don't have to re-bait.

I haven't used bait in the ocean or the river down there for about 4 years. Mainly a spinner show in the river, but some tides can produce good bites on the right wobblers too.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
That four years has to be about right. I remember the first time we fished together and we bought 2 doz. bait. We ended up limiting the boat and we came back with 20-22 hering. I don't think we caught one using bait. We did pull up half a bait though.. If that was a spinner that fish would/could of just kept hammering it. I would save your money and get ( or make, which is fun to ) some spinners.

Just a heads up to guys fishing outside the CR, and inside for that matter.

Bait is not necessary! You are wasting money!

Buy yourselves some coyote spoons, or make some spinners up. Just make sure to use siwash hooks and pinch the barbs in the ocean. Coho will slam the spoons and spinners just as fast as bait, and if they don't stick on the first bite, you don't have to re-bait.

I haven't used bait in the ocean or the river down there for about 4 years. Mainly a spinner show in the river, but some tides can produce good bites on the right wobblers too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts