IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A freind and I are floating N. Santiam park to stayton and im wondering if there's anything I need to worry about? I've floated the lower and upper this year but not this section. Thanks for any info. What's the deal with Bennet dams? David

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
The water is pretty good right now. Not too much to worry about. There are several places with pretty good sized rocks, but you should be able to see them... It gets a bit shallow down past dewitt falls.... The stretch from mehama bridge down about a mile has some really good production when the fish are biting... Good Luck! Let us know how it goes!!!!!!!!!!

Almost forgot.. The diversion dam... Have the passenger get out at the point, and walk the boat around... You want to stay to the right side of the fork just at the dam, but the left fork. You should be able to see and hear the water going over... You'll need about 50' of rope... THere is a post at the top of the boat slide. two should be able to put the boat down easily enough... The ramp is concrete, and may be a bit tough without enough rope to let the boat down. Hope this helps...

[ 05-19-2003, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: tag-a-long ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts