IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Dr. Strangelove, I suppose your idea would work, but the culprit didn't kill someone. :wink: I think your solution is a little stiff if you ask me.

The thing I find funny is I guarentee that there are some people who respond to this subject and oppose snagging, but go out and do it themselves. Just my opinion, but sometimes people potray something they are not when they are behind a computer monitor. :shrug:

BTW, When does fishing off of the railroad bridge at Big Creek begin? :wink: :grin:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
People who don't like snagging are just angry at the world because they have no fish in the freezer or pictures holding fish. :laugh: :wink: :grin:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Point #1: I never said anything about me being a snagger.

Point #2: FishDoctor, you might be careful with your inflammatory remarks towards me. That is a violation of the AUP and it could have offended me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
FishDoctor, No harm no foul. :smile: It is I who should be careful of what I say. I was actually being sarcastic about the inflammatory comment and it didn't offend me at all. It was kind of a comment directed towards me because I am the one usually violating the AUP. :grin: I am just kind of being a smart "rear-end" on this post. I realize that some take the issue of snagging very seriously and I should not laugh at them for feeling that way.

Generally, what cracks me up about this issue is that most people who type that they oppose snagging will go do it themselves when they are on the river. Kind of a "two-faced" fisherperson. That is why I don't get worked up about it.

For me, I don't consider snagging such a big deal as most, but don't practice it myself. I know people that do and it doesn't bother me that they do it. I know it may anger some, but I look at it sometimes like we are alotted so many fish per day. What does it matter how they are hooked as long as they are going home to feed a family? If we weren't supposed to catch those fish, then they wouldn't have a daily limit for us to catch. This is just how I feel about the situation.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Well, I usually take my 20' gill net out of the back of my truck and drift it down through the hole and net myself about 500 pounds of salmon an evening after everyone has gone home. I figure my neighbors have licenses, but aren't using them that day, so I thought I would. :wink: You wouldn't believe how easy it is to do it like that.

I don't snag fish, I don't believe in taking triple limits, or anything you imply, crabbait. I do believe that the impact of a couple of people snagging is pretty minimal compared to other things effecting salmon populations. If this post said "How do we deter Flossers?", I'd have a lot more people agreeing with me. What is the difference?? There is none.

Maybe I am classified as a ******* as rob allen says. I don't care. So be it. I don't even snag, but if it doesn't bother me that people do it must classify me as one. It is a heck of a lot better than being a do-gooder who calls the cops on anyone for any reason because they think they are doing a good deed and saving the world from wrong doers everywhere.
Half the time the person doing that doesn't know what the hell he/she is talking about and should mind his/her own dang buisness. Seen it too many times on the river. Someone is hung on bottom and jerks, they must be a ******* snagger. Call the cops immediately before that criminal gets away!!! Big Deal if someone snags a fish as long as he tags it, takes it home, and eats it. A lot better than some of the "egg hunters" around here....

I say what I say because I get tired of hearing people whine and moan about people snagging when there is a heck of a lot more things in this world than that to worry about. I don't have to prove my motives/beliefs to anyone. Therefore, if you are fishing next to me on a river and you snag a fish, I am not going to preach to you like some will. You know what is right and wrong and don't need to hear it from me. Honestly, you don't need to be hearing a preaching from anyone.

[ 09-10-2003, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Carp ]

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Crabbait,

I love it whenever you don't agree with me you start comparing apples with oranges. Great Stuff.

The catch one for the wife idea is a classic. :laugh: Get Real Man.....

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
What is that supposed to mean, David?

I don't think you'd like it if I said the only person to dislike is an Ulrich? :wink:

Just Messing with you.

C&E, that was classic telling Ablone he was snagged. I was rolling. :grin:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
If that's your perogative, then so be it. :wink:

I don't think my realtives will appreciate it though. :grin:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
David,

That is fine if that is your perogative to do so, but you need to be careful. Some people don't take kindly to others telling them what to do and such. No need to get beat down or shot for trying to be a hero.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
David: :cheers:

Would love to go fishing some time, but i am up here in Pullman going to school. Won't be home for awhile and it is really bugging me considerinag all the fish being caught around the portland/SW washington area.

Tell your son to keep those goals in his head. There might be a few tax dollars there left to give him a job when he is old enough. :grin:

Snag and Eat (Just kidding), I would say that I was a little guilty of playing the same role in this thread as you. I think my comments were trying to rile people up more than they were coming up with a solution. All in good fun :wink:

[ 09-15-2003, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Carp ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.