IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ive been trout fishing alot at hagg, but lately one guy told me that he was catching some nice fish by the damn over 14 inches can anyone back this up or is this just a red herring? And if not can u tell me how and where to fish for them? Thanx

AND:

Has anyone been to hagg lake for trout fishing lately? And if so how is it, where there many caught and where did u fish?

[ 08-28-2003, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
It's been about a month since I was there. You need to get down 30-40 feet near the dam to catch them. Would not be a bit surprised to see some 14"+ fish this time of year.

Are you in a boat or banking it?

I would agree with Adofish (below) about flies on top at the end of September, I have done well with that method also in October(not that ggod though!)- but I would be shocked to see that work now when the water is still 70 degrees on top. But then I would know something new about trout!

[ 08-29-2003, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: trollin4trout ]

·
Registered
670 Posts
Last year I caught two over 4lbs on the same day. The end of September and all of
October is when I've landed the biggest trout there. However, I do not fish deep. I troll flies just under the surface early and late in the day. I'm out of the country right now, but will be returning on the holiday weekend. If you send me a private message I will provide more detailed information and if you wish maybe we can get together and fish the lake.

·
Registered
550 Posts
last year I got 16"s off the bank with mill worms I got at the little store befor you get there. On the bottom, Handycaped end of the dam. Everyone on the bank was getting stockers but we were on the dam casting in almost the same spot getting thin but long sixteen inchers with bright red meet.

good luck

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I heard a rumor about trolling hot shots in late sept for planter hatch steelhead they put in Hagg...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts