IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any spots for a bank maggot to try down in Siletz tidewater? :shrug: My fishing partners were there over the weekend and caught 3, but they were in a boat. I was looking for a spot to try on the bank with a bobber and bait or blade. This is one of the few rivers I know little about. :whazzup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is pretty tough if you are not setup in boat,especially down low. Call Coyote Rock and ask them.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Talk to the folks at chinook bend RV park, they have a lot of land on the river.. both down and up stream have a few good spots for bobber fishing from the bank.

Otherwise, there are very few decent places to bank it...cedar creek is sometimes productive, and a hole at about the 10 mile marker which isnt easy to find ( a 100 yard walk through the brush ) has put fish in my freezer...both with bobber, eggs and shrimp.

Good luck

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Cedar Creek is an excellent place to bobber fish and a terrible place to snag fish because we will turn you in.

The Bulls Bag which is located at the end of tidewater and can be reached via back roads behind Depoe Bay can be good at times but you have to sort through the bright and dark fish.

Just a few miles up the Siletz from hwy 101 there is a spot that we used to fish quite a few years ago that wasn't all that productive but caught one there time to time. I believe it was called the old movie house hole or boat house hole.

Pretty limited on the Siletz tidewater for "maggot" fishing.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts