IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you or anyone you know has hunted this tag in the past few years please have them contact me @ five oh three 34one 874seven. Call or text is fine. Just have a couple questions about logistics of this hunt that the feds and state don’t seem to want to help with. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Hope for the corn fields to be cut, if they still grow it in the pivot fields on the northern edge. Some big boys call that place home from time to time! Had the doe tag in there a couple times but not for a few years.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Hope for the corn fields to be cut, if they still grow it in the pivot fields on the northern edge. Some big boys call that place home from time to time! Had the doe tag in there a couple times but not for a few years.
When I was there with my wife, the corn had swaths cut through it where the deer would eat. I'd sneak into the wind on one of the paths cut by the irrigation tractor. Would pop out ever so often to see how close I was. Snuck up on nice bucks. The really big bucks leave way early in the morning and head for the thick willows and russian olive on the rivers edge. If I had the tag, I'd scout it a couple days ahead and see where they are approaching their bedding areas. Then in the dark I'd sneak in there behind the berm where it drops off to the river and sit and wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts